Thunderbolt&Lightening 9/24-25

Flyboy08

Howdy,

I just joined N2 and am considering an upcoming event. I have a few questions.

1. Is there any way to see how many people have already signed up and for which group?
2. Is there a tire vendor at these events that will R&R a tire that you brought with you...and or purchased?
3. I read the rules and such but there was no info on running generators? I assume you can?

I've done Tony's TD in the past and am looking forward to expanding my track experiance with N2.

TIA, Paul

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Hi Paul, welcome to N2!

Some answers for your questions....

1) No, there isn't a way for members to see how many people have already signed up or which group they are in. Sorry for that!

2) Yes, there is typically tire support. However, you should also understand that the 9/24 and 9/25 events at NJMP are actually run by Evolve GT, who N2 partners through. I believe they usually have tire support however I can't say for sure. On our calendar you can see the events hosted by Evolve GT as they'll say "Partnered through Evolve GT" in the description. You can sign up for them as an N2 member just as if they were hosted by N2. The rules and groups are a bit different between Evolve and N2 - however you should have a great time with both.

3) Generators are welcome at any/all N2 events. Obviously, we all try to be as courteous as we can if your generator is louder than normal - many people are camped out the night before and the night of our events.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Paul

Find Tom and set up near him. He is a wealth of information and will give you the rundown on everything you'll need to do. It will take a ton of stress out of the equation. He is in our Advanced group and has been around the track a few times......

Flyboy08

Paul

Find Tom and set up near him. He is a wealth of information and will give you the rundown on everything you'll need to do. It will take a ton of stress out of the equation. He is in our Advanced group and has been around the track a few times......
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the KTM :)

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
It's easy. Follow the path of oil drips and misc lost parts to the orange canopy with KTM printed on them.......

Sorry Tom - could not resist :)
Ouch........not unfounded......but ouch.

Paul, he also drive a huge ass Black Ford Dually (no doubt compensating) and a large PUMA 5th wheel camper.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Super busy week, haven't been home for more than one hour since last Monday, Bill I'll be giving free #1 fingers to you and John if you venture out into the A group at Pitt, mainly when I go past you.

Flyboy08

I mainly need to know if there will be a tire changer on site....I may burn off what rubber is left and change it out prior, but I might not find the time to do so....and I've not removed a rear wheel with a chain in many decades? I've had only shaft drives:)

Such problems!

tdelegram

Control Rider
I mainly need to know if there will be a tire changer on site....I may burn off what rubber is left and change it out prior, but I might not find the time to do so....and I've not removed a rear wheel with a chain in many decades? I've had only shaft drives:)

Such problems!

I am a really good supervisor. I regularly beat the 200 plus people that work for me until their morale improves.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Paul! I'm sure you'll enjoy your experience with Evolve and N2. As far as tires, Evolve had service at NJMP this past Monday. Might be good to check their website/contact them to be certain. evolvegt.com
They usually want the wheels off the bike, but some vendors may do that for you. (I think MDM who supports NJMP does). Best to check ahead of time so there are no surprises!

chrisplm

Chris

Such problems!
Judging by your avatar, your riding an Aprilia, I'll have tools with me for that bike if you need. For what its worth, the Aprilias are one of the easier rear wheels to get on and off.
I'm typically pitted at the front corner by registration. Black F150/Silver enclosed trailer.

Flyboy08

Judging by your avatar, your riding an Aprilia, I'll have tools with me for that bike if you need. For what its worth, the Aprilias are one of the easier rear wheels to get on and off.
I'm typically pitted at the front corner by registration. Black F150/Silver enclosed trailer.
Thank you! I look forward to meeting you. Yes, I purchased a 2016 Tuono Factory to prove that I can still be 25 when I need to :)...but it does hurt the next day.

chrisplm

Chris
Thank you! I look forward to meeting you. Yes, I purchased a 2016 Tuono Factory to prove that I can still be 25 when I need to :)...but it does hurt the next day.
Doh! Scratch that, I won't be able to make it to Jersey that weekend... Have fun though! :like:

Flyboy08

Silly question, but who supplies my assigned "rides number" for the bike? Do I need to procure the decals?
Doh! Scratch that, I won't be able to make it to Jersey that weekend... Have fun though! :like:
dang! Looks like I'll have the place all to myself?

I already made an apt to change out the tires on the 22nd locally....fresh meat for the event.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
You can pick any two digit number you want, and you can even just painters tape or something similar if you want. The only reason we want to have numbers on the bikes is so that you can be identified by control riders and by the corner workers and track marshall. It's really hard to distinguish one bike from another even with the numbers - and is almost impossible for us to do so without numbers. At tech inspection, one of the things we'll want to see in order to get a tech sticker is a number on the bike. One easy way is something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y2NYUK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Yes, You will have to pack up after Thunderbolt and move over to lightning. Unfortunately this means the bike as well. Anything outside of the Paddock (if you cross a bridge you are outside the paddock) is patrolled by the NJ State Police. Therefore any bike must be licensed, registered, and insured to be allowed on those access roads. Also helmets must be worn if you happen to be using a registered street bike. This goes for scooters as well.

As far as where at Thunderbolt to set up.......50% stay on the garage side of the paddock and 50% set up on the airport side so its up to you really.