Tire Coupons?

Mr.DJ

I'll see what I can find out. Bob and I are sync'n our schedule. Both are traveling. Target Sat for an update.

Mr.DJ

Tires will start shipping this week. Members will be given the option of home delivery or redeem at the track (specific events). Emails/Coupons going out to all eligible.

bmart

Control Rider
Is this right?

For 2011 there is no tire offer.

Under the 2010 rules, 15 track days got some dollar amount toward tires. I think it was $250. This is the one we are waiting for.

What tires are shipping? Is it a different offer?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks for the update! I was wondering the same as bmart. Is it good for Q2s, with the option of $250 towards a different set of Dunlops if one didn't want the Q2s, as was the case in the past? (Me, personally...I want the Q2s....)

Correct, the set of tires for doing 15 events is no longer available in 2011....

Meat

bmart;189282 wrote: Is this right?

For 2011 there is no tire offer.

Under the 2010 rules, 15 track days got some dollar amount toward tires. I think it was $250. This is the one we are waiting for.

What tires are shipping? Is it a different offer?
Oh, I didn't read that so well. I assumed we were getting the $250 coupon.

I guess I will hold my enthusiasm for now.

Mr.DJ

HondaGalToo;189317 wrote: Thanks for the update! I was wondering the same as bmart. Is it good for Q2s, with the option of $250 towards a different set of Dunlops if one didn't want the Q2s, as was the case in the past? (Me, personally...I want the Q2s....)

Correct, the set of tires for doing 15 events is no longer available in 2011....
100% correct. The coupon is good for one set of Q2s. Last year, the program (with Dunlop) allowed members to use it as a $250 credit toward a different set of tires, desired.

This year, a set Q2s are the only option. (i.e. no $250 credit)

DJ

bmart

Control Rider
Um..I don't own any street bikes those will fit. Are there any other options? This just gives me more things to sell at a discount. lol I'd much rather the $250 toward a mega deal to get me through the season, if possible.

moonbeam

HondaGalToo;189317 wrote: Thanks for the update! I was wondering the same as bmart. Is it good for Q2s, with the option of $250 towards a different set of Dunlops if one didn't want the Q2s, as was the case in the past? (Me, personally...I want the Q2s....)

Hey Judy see me at VIR I'll let you have a second set at a cut rate price.

Moonbeam

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
moonbeam;189378 wrote: Hey Judy see me at VIR I'll let you have a second set at a cut rate price.

Moonbeam
Thanks, but I don't use 'em on my trackbike. I have one streetbike that needs a set of tires this year, so they'll go on it. Another set would just sit for a couple of years till a streetbike I own needs them.

Post up on the forum, though, as plenty of folks do use the Q2s and would be happy to take them.

D.J., do we have a choice of size for the Q2?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mr.DJ;189366 wrote: 100% correct. The coupon is good for one set of Q2s. Last year, the program (with Dunlop) allowed members to use it as a $250 credit toward a different set of tires, desired.

This year, a set Q2s are the only option. (i.e. no $250 credit)

DJ
Thanks for the clarification, but I'm not correct...I was going on the assumption it would be a set of Q2s OR a $250 coupon as it was in the past, and that wasn't totally clear. Now it is...crystal. :)

Do we get a size choice?

Mr.DJ

HondaGalToo;189380 wrote: Thanks for the clarification, but I'm not correct...I was going on the assumption it would be a set of Q2s OR a $250 coupon as it was in the past, and that wasn't totally clear. Now it is...crystal. :)

Do we get a size choice?
Judy, Your statement was correct. (on the program). I didn't take your question as a fact :D

All,

Details will be sent in notification this week to those eligible.

fitz

Mr.DJ;189366 wrote: This year, a set Q2s are the only option. (i.e. no $250 credit)

DJ

I'm grateful for the program and I had an interesting year trying reach that goal of 15 track days (neither cheap nor easy to accomplish) Thank you. :)

But, if you are doing that many TRACK days you are serious enough about the sport that most likely you wouldn't be running a street tire. I'm not debating the performance of a Q2 tire here
, but our own Dunlop rep has stated that they are good for your first couple of track days. So why would you be giving away as a reward for doing 15+ track days a tire that is/can be by its own description a street tire (I did have my heart set on using that credit all year towards some 211s).

So basically our only option for our reward for doing 15+ TRACK days is a STREET tire.

I can't help but feel disappointed and a little confused by this logic.

fitz

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
i am a little disappointed by this as well. With Dunlop getting more involved with NESBA, you would have figured our options ould have grown, not shrunk.

DUNLOP-RTS

fitz;189438 wrote:

So basically our only option for our reward for doing 15+ TRACK days is a STREET tire.

I can't help but feel disappointed and a little confused by this logic.

fitz
The Q2 is not just a "Street" tire. It is also a good track tire.

Is it as good as the N-Tec slick? NO.

Is the Q2 still a very good tire for track day for a good portion of riders? YES!

Why are you looking a gift horse in the mouth? As Corporate Dunlop looks at this thread (as well as other tire companies) they will get the idea that there is some sort of "entitlement" that is felt by track days riders. Thus their interest in this type of program tends to dry up. I can't think you want to project this type of feeling.

Dunlop is trying to help out. I think that is a great step. The cost of a race tire is double that of a set of Q2, so the "Logic" that you are struggling to understand is that of economics. They can make 2x as many riders happy with a Q2 program.

If you can't use a set of Q2's personally, then maybe you can be creative and find a use for them that would benefit you without appearing critical of a free set.