Track days in Barcelona Spain

profchaos911

Hey Everyone,

I'm visiting Barcelona Spain in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if anyone has any track experience there?
What's the process? Do I have to join a group like this one? Costs?

I'd love any insight on this.

youngR

You probably wont get any replies so I'll give you some insights. I've moved to Europe for over an year now and have been going to race tracks all over the Europe.

You do NOT need to join a group like in USA. USA (East) is probably only places that I've been to that requires you to join a group and pay a membership fees (West dont do this)...but as you know, you do get perks for being an member like system.

You basically go to a Track Organization website and pay for the dates you want.

Spain is one of the best if not THE BEST country to do a Track days since

1) they have one of the best tracks
2) weather is pretty good all year around
3) cost is lower than most of other Europe

What track are you trying to go? and how are you going ride a bike? you have a bike in europe? rent?

Costs of course varies depending on WHAT Track. Barcelona is home of Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya.

Cost will be around $200 +/- a day. They usually do up to 3 day events. You can rent a spot in a paddock and you can rent a bike/gears.

There is also Valencia, Aragon, Jerez and etc. I've been to Valencia and Aragon. Those two track is a 10/10.

In comparison, VIR is a 2/10 (east), Laguna Seca 5/10 (west) and etc...I lived in both Monterey CA and Virginia as an example.

Last edited:

profchaos911

This is some amazing feedback!!
I live an hour away from VIR, I'm glad you gave it a rating vs Valencia.

The idea is to rent a bike and gear to do a track day. I'm going to look up some companies that do that.

So basically I go to Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya website and pay for the days I want to go?

I'm considering moving to Spain, and going to check out Barcelona and Valencia as potentials.

Any advice would be appreciated.

youngR

---So basically I go to Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya website and pay for the days I want to go?
Some race track can do that but mostly, you will have to go a specific track org website that offers track days at that track and others.

is one of many track org. they are German org that has a branch in Spain and they do many there. I have done Valencia and Aragon with them. They offer bike rent. There are Spain Track org that does many Spain track days as well.

---Do you find it easier to do track in Europe vs USA?
It is 100% easier to do a track day in Europe and 100% easier at the track as well.
Even a local "small" track like NCBike in Europe has full power stations for free, medical ambulances on standby, track car that does a sighting lap, Van on stand by for removing crashed bikes, showers in each pit box, full restaurants and Wifi through out (example). Mugello... is out of this world but thats another subject.

---So the tracks just post dates that you're able to come on track?
Go to specific Track Org that offers different track and different days. Europe basically has a track day every single day at each track.

---Do they do groups like Novice, Intermediate, Advanced like they do here? Or just a free for all?
This is what really differs with USA. Europe has 4 groups. Expert to Beginner or A to D...whatever you like to call it.

EVERY rider is given a Transponder and EVERYONE is LIVE TIMED and you will be put in the RIGHT group by your TIME. There is no EGO by a rider or even a Track Org over controlling. I've seen a Track Org with a power trip and bigger Ego than a rider.

You basically Qualify to your Group. Its simply BLACK and WHITE.

Track days run 1000% smoother and less incidents.

---Is it more or less expensive to do track in Europe vs USA? Spain of course in particular.

In general, Europe is cheaper. COTA is like $600-$750 a day!!! COTA is like 6/10 compared to Mugello, it was $700 for 3 days and its 10/10. Valencia and Aragon is like 600-700 for 3 days.

But but but COTA is a GP track...well All tracks in Europe is a GP tracks...even a small ones has facilities like a GP track.

Last edited:

profchaos911

That was very helpful. I apprecaite all the detailed information you've given!

It sounds like I still need to come with a group to do track. But, every track has track days going on every day?
It does sound a lot cheaper and tracks look A LOT BETTER. And, you get more for your buck.

I don't know how much time you spent in Barcelona, but it looks like there are no houses there, only apartments. Where do people keep their bikes and work on them/make their own shops? Any idea?

youngR

well if you are trying to live in the city of Barcelona...yeah probably no houses available like any other cities in USA. You will have to look outskirt of the city if you want a house and garage.