TYPE OF OIL FOR NINJA 400

bonez245

This might be a stupid question but I currently switched my 2021 Ninja 400 from a street bike to track only.. I have been using 10W40 oil , but now it's time to do a oil change and wanted to know do I keep the same type or a different type for track use only?

bonez245

This might be a stupid question but I currently switched my 2021 Ninja 400 from a street bike to track only.. I have been using 10W40 oil , but now it's time to do a oil change and wanted to know do I keep the same type or a different type for track use only?
It's not tuned yet so the engine is still OEM

bmart

Control Rider
I use Mobil 1 4T in all of the bikes and it has been great for years. The insides look like new.

$10/qt from Walmart, cheaper when Mobil 1 is having a rebate, which is twice a year.

1666035624002.png

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Keep the same weight. Have you switched to full synthetic? That would be worthwhile. The Mobil 1 that bmart mentioned is good. I use Motul 300V

bonez245

Keep the same weight. Have you switched to full synthetic? That would be worthwhile. The Mobil 1 that bmart mentioned is good. I use Motul 300V
Right now I've been using bel ray 10w40 thumber. But like I said wanted to know wt to switch too .. wanted to use the 300V but there were different numbers (weight) and didn't know if I keep it or change

Motofun352

Control Rider
10w40 and choose your poison as far as manufacturers go. I change oil frequently in the track bikes and use semi-synthetic Motul 5100 as it's reasonably cheap. It goes out almost as clean as it was going in. I keep track of track miles and around 400 miles of track day use on my coaching bike. I also change the filter every swap too, though I'm thinking that's over kill....