US N-Tecs wear dots

ADVRacer

OK, I just switched from Q2s to US N-Tecs. I was getting 4-5 days out of the Q2s. Now I'm riding faster with more confidence provided by the slicks. The dots on the right side of the tire are gone after 1 day at NCBIKE and 2 days at VIR North. I'm riding an 06 R6S in "I" group and running about 32/22 pressures. Now I'm wondering, is it safe to flip these tires or is three days all I can expect out of these?

matt2212

Flip them every day

And buy the slick next time unless you are racing super stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z064life

matt2212;276368 wrote: Flip them every day

And buy the slick next time unless you are racing super stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since he is talking about wear dots I'm guessing he is running slicks...

Anyway, Have you had Chuck or someone similar setup your suspension? I used to get 2 days out of NTEC DOTs (medium/medium) once I had Chuck tune my suspension better I was easily able to get 4 days out of them, and I just got done with a set of 190/60s that I didn't flip and got 6 days out of. They are the new med+ compound though.

Also, at 22/32 if that is on warmers is a little low which would cause execess tire wear.

ADVRacer

Good advice, I was actually thinking about that after this past weekend. I haven't had Chuck adjust them since RA last July. I was feeling a lot more movement in the suspension with the slicks. My zip tie on the fork tube was nearly buried in to the triple.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You might want to run 32/22 towards the end of the tire's life. There's less rubber on worn tires to hold the heat needed for grip, so you run 32F/22R to give the tire a slightly larger contact footprint (traction/grip).

When the slick's new...33F/23R.

I flip a rear after every weekend.

BEI's Dunlop Develpment endurance team just won the 6 hour race at Road Atlanta this past weekend.
They endurance raced 6 hours on 1 front and six rears..American NTEC's.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/bei-racingdunlop-development-wins-wera-six-hour-national-endurance-race-at-road-atlanta/