US N-TECS with stock front fender.

denbsteph

I tried to research this but no hits. Anyone running a STOCK FRONT FENDER on a Yamaha 07 R6 or R6S with US N-TECS ?Trying to see if there is a issue with it before I pull the trigger on the US N-TECS. If you are personally experiencing this or have had lssues/luck let me know.

The Slick I'm looking at is a 125, I'm running a Q2 120/70 right now.

Dennis

andykurz

This doesn't really answer your question but: On past bikes, I've had to move the fender up about 1/2 inch to clear a tire that I bought on sale :)doh:), I just made very small brackets where the fender mounts to move it up a bit.

I can't opine on how it changes the handling characteristics of the bike for you, but moving a fender a bit is a fairly simple process if you have some scrap hardware bits laying around.

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
I don't have a r6 but i know cbr and gsxr both can run those tires with stock fender. I would be surprised if r6 was different

denbsteph

Well I really went over the edge, bought some US N-Tecs for TRACK DAYS!!! What the freak is wrong with me????????????? :eek: :eek:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
denbsteph;274862 wrote: Well I really went over the edge, bought some US N-Tecs for TRACK DAYS!!! What the freak is wrong with me????????????? :eek: :eek:
Nothing...:)

bmrboy

denbsteph;274862 wrote: Well I really went over the edge, bought some US N-Tecs for TRACK DAYS!!! What the freak is wrong with me????????????? :eek: :eek:
Your brain cells are expanding ....... at least some of you listened to me ..... Now, ride your ride. :idea: :D

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
The only thing wrong with what you said is that you didn't buy me any NTECs.

:D

cartmen34

I'm thinking of doing the same for my '07 r6. denbsteph, can you report on any handling changes you noticed when going to the taller front tire?

denbsteph

cartmen34;277292 wrote: I'm thinking of doing the same for my '07 r6. denbsteph, can you report on any handling changes you noticed when going to the taller front tire?

Cartmen,

I will tell you this, the US N-TEC SLICKS are the bomb. Now as far as differences, I'll explain my stature so maybe you can get an idea of what I have experienced. I'm 5' 2" and shrinking every day. I weigh 160 lbs, I had the bike set up by Chuck with Q'2's on her and have not messed with the suspension or anything, no need to. I like to consider myself an upper food chain "I" rider. At VIR North two weeks ago, the only guys myself and ADVRacer got passed by were guys that got bumped to "A" group. I think DOO DOO Brown was out there making a mockery of us for a few laps then got bored and went back in. I have not noticed anything but a complete change in the pysch department with these tires. I'm running a medium front and soft rear. It was suggested to give it a whirl and see what happens. Now I did two TD's at North on these tires and have nothing but rave reviews. If you get them hang on, they are a lot of fun and, at least for me, they are forgiving. Good luck.

cartmen34

Thanks denb.

Sounds like the eureka moment I had a few years ago when I went from a set of Bridgestone BT003rs to D211s. It was like a night and day difference.

Glad to hear you like them. I might give them a shot and see if I notice a difference between them and the D211s.

denbsteph

cartmen34;277322 wrote: Thanks denb.

Sounds like the eureka moment I had a few years ago when I went from a set of Bridgestone BT003rs to D211s. It was like a night and day difference.

Glad to hear you like them. I might give them a shot and see if I notice a difference between them and the D211s.

Eureka was right. I will tell you this if you have too much pressure in the tires, they will talk to you and let you know. The first time on the track, by mistake of course, I had 37 front and 28 in the rear. The tires were bouncing like I had 60 lbs of pressure
in them. Came off re adjusted to 32 front and 22 rear, what a difference that makes. CHECK your pressure's if you get a set. I'm a nobody but I like the N-TECS, I'm sold.

If I'm not mistaken the 211's are just a tad cheaper $$$ wise. If you are at VIR in August, look me up I'll be with the rest of the nut cases in the Sicilian Racing crew, have a cold one and tell some lies.

Dennis

cartmen34

Interesting how sensitive you found them. Yeah, with the 211s I was religious about their pressures. 32/22, always checking them hot off the warmers, just like Steve recommended on this forum. Never screwed with the pressure otherwise. They've suited me very well but I'm wondering if I'll get a bit better life out of slicks as they don't have tread to wear quicker. According to Dunlop's race tire site the US slicks and D211s are the exact same price, which is also partly why I'm considering getting them.

Thanks for the invite. I'm not sure what I'll be doing in August, but I'll be at the VIR south days coming in a few weeks as well as the airfence fundraiser at RA in July. Maybe I'll see you there.

denbsteph

My thought process was with the tire pressure's is/now " New Tires, Slicks, going fast, must be in tune with tires pressure" so I was totally focused on tires. I did two laps of the first session and was like, Nope get off the track check pressures, I got two days here and I'm not trying to go down on SLICKS because of stupidity on my part. See ya at the track!!!!

Did you check this site?

http://dunlopracing.com/dunlop-specials/

cartmen34

Yeah, I did check out the specials, but I don't need 200 rears and I don't want a 209 front. I'll just get some slicks at the regular price.