VIR 2018

AceWaters

Anyone planning on hitting up VIR North 3/26? Rode there for the first time last year with css and can't wait to get back. Wondering if any of you fools were thinking the same.

bmart

Control Rider
I certainly think so. It is one of my favorite tracks. All turns. No place to relax, so you really have to focus on body position, pressure point on the bike (so you don't wear yourself out), looking through the turns (because if you miss one, you miss a few), and throttle control (especially in cold temps). I've run it both ways and with and without the chicane. I believe that it will be run counterclockwise with the chicane. Check out some YouTube videos.

AceWaters

Will do! That was one of my biggest frustrations at VIR North. Screw up one turn and it takes three more turns to get back on track. I still have a lot to learn, but man it feels good when you get one (or more) just right. That uphill right hander after the bridge on North is an absolute blast to get right.

bmart

Control Rider
It certainly makes the left hander just after it fun (from Patriot too)!

izakhf.jpg

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Grand East course would be my vote for favorite configuration. Not sure I’ve ever seen it offered

bmart

Control Rider
I've run everything but Grand East and have never seen it offered. VIR is all good...but South is my favorite by far, with Patriot second.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I did the same VIR Patriot/North weekend last year with Evolve. Patriot is very very very small and tight with a ton of elevation changes. It's essentially a go cart track on the side of a hill. It was fun because it was the first event after Jennings last year - but I wouldn't drive to VIR just for Patriot. North was a lot of fun the next day. I wish we had more days at VIR. I've never run South or Full/Grand. I hear they are a good news/bad news thing. It can be fun, but if you have a red flag you lose a lot of track time due to how long it takes to clear the track with Full/Grand.

AceWaters

I'll be hitting up North as much as I can. Ripping out of turn 16 is just too good and blowing by the tire wall at the kink on the straight is even better. Getting all emotional just thinking about it.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
Where is the paddock for Patriot? I've never run that course.

It's tentative for me as I want to get more seat time at North but it depends on where I'm at on some bike work.

bmart

Control Rider
The paddock at Patriot isn't as full of goodness as their other circuits but the track is so fun that it is worth it. When you pull into the track, South paddock is left and North/Full and Patriot paddocks are right. Patriot is on the left just after the bridge that goes over North between turns 6 and 7.

thumbnail_track.png

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Parts of it. Grass and gravel really, on a hillside, with no real facilities.

YOLOrider87

On the fence about making the trip to VIR North Course or going up north to NJMP Thunderbolt that day. Never ridden VIR so I would like to try it, the 5 hr drive is what is making me hesitant as opposed to 2.5 hr up to NJMP. Weather will more likely dictate which track I'll go to, if conditions are roughly the same then I'll pull the trigger and drive down to VA. Look forward to meeting some of you guys this season.