Vir 5/15

SevenT6Vet

Had a good time today during the brief time i was on the track (I got in about 80 miles). Thanks Dooley for pulling me around the track on my new ride. I was able to click of a 1:48 which equals my best time from last year, and that was in some traffic today.

Thanks mark and others who I was pitted with in garages 4-5-6....always good to meet some new friends and share knowledge/resources!

SevenT6Vet

Did anyone (that was pitted in garages 5-6) grab a factory bag for chicken hawk tire warmers? I took out the warmers in garage 6, then moved over towards garage 4 after the first session....so I think I left it in the area where most of us were sitting and it probably got mixed in with somebody else's stuff.

If you did grab it, holla and i'll give you a few bucks to ship it back to me! Or if one of you fellow richmonders has it, I can meet up with you somewhere.

Thanks!

Fire929

The garage was empty when I left so someone has it somewhere. I'm sure it will turn up.

Would have been nice if the weather had held out a little longer but at least the morning was fun.

SevenT6Vet

Fire929;55533 wrote: The garage was empty when I left so someone has it somewhere. I'm sure it will turn up.

Would have been nice if the weather had held out a little longer but at least the morning was fun.
Nevermind...i'm an idiot. Found it this morning. I put it in my clothes bag for some reason.

Blaise

Good day, REALLY unfortunate we had a rain stop right as I started to learn the track.

VIR north is an incredible track. Compared to Beaver, Thunderbolt, Summit Main, and Nelson, it was MUCH more challenging. TONS of fun, and the turn 7 through the rollercoaster is a CRAZY sequence.

Thanks to Jeff Pitzer for putting me in my place. I know we didn't have much of a chance to improve on things because of the rain, but I haven't gotten much constructive criticism from the CRs in my last 4-5 trackdays. Definitely plan on working on my smoothness and I am certainly planning on coming back to VIR soon. :D

Derek Leslie also definitely lived up to his reputation of completely changing personalities from 6am to noon :p

reimersm

big thanks to all the control riders, i've never been to a track day with so many crs to riders! thanks to al for the help, and dooley for all the incite after the first ride. and the cr with the glasses for taking the time to stop and talk to me about why i almost lowsided (very sorry i didnt catch ur name)... no point in crying over the rain. or the fact that my civic broke down on the way back just 30 minutes from my house:/ i had a good time. thanks again, matt

I had a great weekend too!

I was happy to see everyone out their!

Thanks to all the Cr's for the help I learned the most this weekend in my year and some change of riding motorcycles. I really got a good feeling and it's exacrtly what I needed for the race in West VA! Now some one grant me a spot so I can do a track day at Summit before the race!!

Thanks Brian for letting me borrow the car battery charger

I also broke down except it was on the way to VIR at 2am.

It was one of the best track days I have done and NESBA is for sure better and faster then the other groups I have ridden with. Very family and chill environment!

Dooley

to much fun!

SevenT6Vet;55524 wrote: Had a good time today during the brief time i was on the track (I got in about 80 miles). Thanks Dooley for pulling me around the track on my new ride. I was able to click of a 1:48 which equals my best time from last year, and that was in some traffic today.

Thanks mark and others who I was pitted with in garages 4-5-6....always good to meet some new friends and share knowledge/resources!
You are a very smooth rider. I bet you will be around 1:40 in a very short time. I really had fun riding with ya. I'm sure we will get to do it again. Thanks riding with me. I'm still new to the CR stuff. Hope I helped. Dooley

Dooley

anytime

reimersm;55683 wrote: big thanks to all the control riders, i've never been to a track day with so many crs to riders! thanks to al for the help, and dooley for all the incite after the first ride. and the cr with the glasses for taking the time to stop and talk to me about why i almost lowsided (very sorry i didnt catch ur name)... no point in crying over the rain. or the fact that my civic broke down on the way back just 30 minutes from my house:/ i had a good time. thanks again, matt
I think you said this was your first time at VIR north? I was amazed when you said that. I knew you were going to be fine. Thanks for riding. Hope I was able to help a little. Dooley

reimersm

Dooley;55869 wrote: I think you said this was your first time at VIR north? I was amazed when you said that. I knew you were going to be fine. Thanks for riding. Hope I was able to help a little. Dooley
yes it was my first time there. For me it was a intimidating track. but you started me a good pace and we just built on that. you were a huge help, hope to see you at another track day soon!

SevenT6Vet

Dooley;55865 wrote: You are a very smooth rider. I bet you will be around 1:40 in a very short time. I really had fun riding with ya. I'm sure we will get to do it again. Thanks riding with me. I'm still new to the CR stuff. Hope I helped. Dooley
thanks! you did help!

I was able to click off a 1:42 behind a CR on an SV650 this past monday. I tucked behind him on the straights, so had he been on a 600....who knows what I could have gotten! I now realize there is a significant difference b/w 1:48 and 1:42....I can't imagine how much faster (and much more difficult to obtain) the next 6 seconds will be. The bike is still stock, so I may have to talk to some people to see if the stock suspension/brakes etc are suitable for sub 1:40 times.

My next NESBA day will be July 17th...vir full. Will you be around?