VIR August 5 2016: Expert WERA Racer but first time N2 and VIR -- Novice?

Doc Sanders 99

Hello all.

I am sorry to ask, but I don't know where to start. I have been a WERA racer for the last 4 years. I am coming to an N2 track day for the first time ever at VIR on August 5 to learn the track and have some fun. I will definitely not be at race pace. However, I am concerned about having to ride in the novice group. I find riding with inexperienced slower riders is far more dangerous for a racer than riding with much faster riders. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
We place expert-licensed WERA and CCS racers straight into our advanced group. Simply send us a photo of your expert license, along with your N2 member number, at support@n2td.org, and we'll get you into advanced group.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Bring your Expert License to registration and you'll be placed in Advanced if that is where you want to be. However, feel free to start in Intermediate and learn the track if you'd like. Nothing says you have to jump in with the sharks LOL. Getting the Bump to A should not be an issue. Keep in mind if you want to learn where to set people up on a new track Intermediate might show you what you'll see in a race. Either way, you'll have fun.

Doc Sanders 99

Thanks for the prompt replies! I had momentarily forgotten that fellow senior middleweight racer and competitor Quentin Miller #13 was an N2 control rider. He told me that I just needed my license. I'll get it to you tonight. Quentin said he will give me a tow around the place and show me the sights and sounds. Already booked the paddock room, garage, a flight into Greensboro from Jackson, MS, and a car to get me to VIR. Triumph genius Mike Moree will be towing my bike and my equipment from Augusta, GA. I'm excited! Looking forward to riding in a less intense environment with a highly regarded track day organization prior to the weekend races.

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
Thanks for the prompt replies! I had momentarily forgotten that fellow senior middleweight racer and competitor Quentin Miller #13 was an N2 control rider. He told me that I just needed my license. I'll get it to you tonight. Quentin said he will give me a tow around the place and show me the sights and sounds. Already booked the paddock room, garage, a flight into Greensboro from Jackson, MS, and a car to get me to VIR. Triumph genius Mike Moree will be towing my bike and my equipment from Augusta, GA. I'm excited! Looking forward to riding in a less intense environment with a highly regarded track day organization prior to the weekend races.

Doc, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like VIR North won't be open by then? I hope it isn't the case, but..
http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/vir-event-8-6-7-2016-cancelled.333855/

Doc Sanders 99

Yep, I just got word today. Bummer! Looks like for the third year in a row, I am shut out of VIR, the forbidden track. I heard a rumor that WERA might be moving its race to CMP. That is another track that I have never been to. Can I get a credit for the VIR weekend? How long will it be good for? Any Barber track days?

Doc Sanders 99

Better yet, any chance N2 might schedule a track day on Friday, August 5 at CMP? I see that N2 hosts track days there. I am working on getting Delta to let me change the flight to Charlotte, which is fairly close to CMP. (I am flying in from Jackson, MS. Mike Moree, who is an expert Triumph mechanic and race engine builder from Augusta, GA, was driving up with my bike and all of my equipment.)

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Even when paving is completed, they like to let the track cure for a few weeks before letting tires on it.