VIR Patriot 10/20 and North Course 10/21..

ninjasloth-10r

i'm signed up for north, just need to figure out the best lodging for myself and possibly my girl as I don't wanna drive 4 hours in the morning ride all day then drive home 4 hours. She can't drive my truck. Is lodging at the track the best and most secure (for the bike) way to stay? I really wanna be cheap but I don't wanna be up all night worrying someone is gonna take my beauty lol

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
ninjasloth-10r;291685 wrote: i'm signed up for north, just need to figure out the best lodging for myself and possibly my girl as I don't wanna drive 4 hours in the morning ride all day then drive home 4 hours. She can't drive my truck. Is lodging at the track the best and most secure (for the bike) way to stay? I really wanna be cheap but I don't wanna be up all night worrying someone is gonna take my beauty lol
Lots of people unload their bike/gear at the track and stay elsewhere out in town (South Boston/Danville). The lodging at the track is more expensive, but you also don't have to wake up early to make it to tech at 0700. VIR is in the middle of nowhere - staying at any hotel out in town, you're looking at a ~30 minute drive.

While nobody can promise anthing, I know the NESBA crowd is fantastic (As is the track/race day orgs in general). I have never had anybody mess with/steal my stuff before. However, if I go out in town to eat or say at a hotel, I still don't leave high dollar items out that are easy to grab and go - generators, tool boxes, etc, just on principle alone.

ninjasloth-10r

Otto Man;291687 wrote: Lots of people unload their bike/gear at the track and stay elsewhere out in town (South Boston/Danville). The lodging at the track is more expensive, but you also don't have to wake up early to make it to tech at 0700. VIR is in the middle of nowhere - staying at any hotel out in town, you're looking at a ~30 minute drive.

While nobody can promise anthing, I know the NESBA crowd is fantastic (As is the track/race day orgs in general). I have never had anybody mess with/steal my stuff before. However, if I go out in town to eat or say at a hotel, I still don't leave high dollar items out that are easy to grab and go - generators, tool boxes, etc, just on principle alone.
Thanks!

ninjasloth-10r

oh yeah never asked this but does anyone know of any photographers that might be there on for Monday? I would love to get a good shot of my first time on the track.

matt2212

ninjasloth-10r;291704 wrote: oh yeah never asked this but does anyone know of any photographers that might be there on for Monday? I would love to get a good shot of my first time on the track.
Usually John from pics of you is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

matt2212

ninjasloth-10r;291685 wrote: i'm signed up for north, just need to figure out the best lodging for myself and possibly my girl as I don't wanna drive 4 hours in the morning ride all day then drive home 4 hours. She can't drive my truck. Is lodging at the track the best and most secure (for the bike) way to stay? I really wanna be cheap but I don't wanna be up all night worrying someone is gonna take my beauty lol
If it makes you rest easier you could park your stuff next to me, I will be camping in the trailer all night, and would keep an eye on things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free