VIR South August 2nd (Monday)

bmart

Control Rider
Guys, we have ANOTHER chance to run the awesome VIR South course in just under a month. Folks who came in May had a blast! Join us. Some info on the track and people's feedback can be found on the thread for the May date, found here.

Who is in???

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I'm planning on it. Will be my first visit to that circuit but not to VIR.

05yellow600

Never been to VIR going this monday.

Do they have over night camp from sunday - monday ?
what is the power situation there ?

trying to answer these questions myself looking at the tracks home page

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Hey Brad,
Yep. I'll be there. I think Dave is coming too.

Never been to VIR going this monday.

Do they have over night camp from sunday - monday ?
what is the power situation there ?

trying to answer these questions myself looking at the tracks home page
Yessir! Come on down after 5PM or so and the gate will be open. Come to the bottom of the hill and go left. We'll all be camping out in the paddock.
Bathroom is in the timing building next to the track.
I think there is limited power boxes towards the middle of the paddock. Check out this map:

05yellow600

Thanks for the reply.
I had also put a call in to the VIR track, nice lady called me back and said the same thing. So see everyone Sunday evening.

I didn't run across your map picture on the VIR site.

What is usually the turn out for N2 track days ? I usually run motorcycle excitement on Mondays

bmart

Control Rider
Look forward to seeing you guys.

Turnout varies, but with it being a Monday track day, there should be plenty of track time. :)

Be sure to check out the thread from earlier this season. IF you haven't been to South, you're in for a treat. It isn't like any other track I've been to and is primarily made up for blind entry, late apex, off camber exit turns. Body position is critical!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
What is usually the turn out for N2 track days ? I usually run motorcycle excitement on Mondays
I'm not trying to jinx it, but the last time we ran South only 24 people or so registered... We had the whole place to ourselves.
At the last VIR Full Course TD, we had about 113ish folks.

South course should have much less though.

05yellow600

Look forward to seeing you guys.

Turnout varies, but with it being a Monday track day, there should be plenty of track time. :)

Be sure to check out the thread from earlier this season. IF you haven't been to South, you're in for a treat. It isn't like any other track I've been to and is primarily made up for blind entry, late apex, off camber exit turns. Body position is critical!

Aww man i just want to go fast in a straightish line... I just opened your thread link ill read through it

05yellow600

I'm not trying to jinx it, but the last time we ran South only 24 people or so registered... We had the whole place to ourselves.
At the last VIR Full Course TD, we had about 113ish folks.

South course should have much less though.

Damn, I have only rode with motorcycle excitement so that's all i have to compare it to. Was just curious.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I would enjoy that. It'll depend on when we can get in...and how close to 100F it is out at that time. lol
I hear that. My gf and I will be there on the evening before, so if the track is clear to walk around dusk we might take a stroll if allowed.

dhelsley22

Wondering if I should change my tires or if these will be good for another day. Running Bridgestone T31's. Have a set of S22's on the way hoping they'll be in by the weekend.

Rear:
PXL_20210727_234812477.jpgPXL_20210727_235217177.jpg

Front:PXL_20210727_234935227.jpg

bmart

Control Rider
I'm not sure how much that measures, but I don't own any tires with that much tread. :)

Know that the thinner rubber won't hold heat like newer one. (I dont' have any pennies handy to compare/measure.)