VIR track calendar

kawaholic

ROCKIT;170034 wrote: Yeah I'd like to stay with NESBA only but I'm kinda bent on doing the Shenandoah once this year... hopefully the dates will be added. TPM does have Shenandoah in their schedule already.
lol....i'm a slow typer... i guess i'll see you up there.

kawaholic

daddyfriedrich;170044 wrote: One hole in the tooth of a hag is bad enough, but joining two riding orgs?????? i need a better job.
:haha:

i heard that!!!

i keep trying to justify it by telling myself how much money i'm saving on weekend road trips to the mountains and lawyer fee's for the tickets from getting impatient behind some cager holding me up.

i guess i'll be winterizing my street bike this summer...lol

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
ROCKIT;170034 wrote: Yeah I'd like to stay with NESBA only but I'm kinda bent on doing the Shenandoah once this year... hopefully the dates will be added. TPM does have Shenandoah in their schedule already.
NESBA will add Summit Main and Jefferson Course. They do not and will not run Shenandoah, as they don't consider it safe. Lots of walls. I've never ridden it, so I can't comment personally, but I trust NESBA's judgment when they choose not to run a track. :)
The Main course is one of my favorites. I haven't run Jefferson.

fr3sh

daddyfriedrich;170044 wrote: One hole in the tooth of a hag is bad enough, but joining two riding orgs?????? i need a better job.
Ha. I have signed up with 3 orgs to start. Looking to race next year so plan to make at least 2 tracks a month all year. So I signed up with stt promotion and nesba. I only post on this forum tho. Seeing how I like nesba the most. I just need more tracks closer to me as in vir and cmp. And want them early in the season. Do plan on road alanta. And njmp

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ROCKIT

kawaholic;170039 wrote: lol....i'm a slow typer... i guess i'll see you up there.
Looking forward to it, and with the added danger (see Judy's post) it sounds like it's going to be an adventure :p
Guess I will have to go with TPM for at least one TD! I'm still with NESBA for the rest of the year so I feel pretty good about that.

ROCKIT

HondaGalToo;170058 wrote: NESBA will add Summit Main and Jefferson Course. They do not and will not run Shenandoah, as they don't consider it safe. Lots of walls. I've never ridden it, so I can't comment personally, but I trust NESBA's judgment when they choose not to run a track. :)
The Main course is one of my favorites. I haven't run Jefferson.
I appreciate the info. :)

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
ROCKIT;170063 wrote: Looking forward to it, and with the added danger (see Judy's post) it sounds like it's going to be an adventure :p
Guess I will have to go with TPM for at least one TD! I'm still with NESBA for the rest of the year so I feel pretty good about that.
hopefully you are pimping a new exhaust......:adore:

kawaholic

ROCKIT;170063 wrote: Looking forward to it, and with the added danger (see Judy's post) it sounds like it's going to be an adventure :p
ha ha, yeah, i'm holding out to see what else nesba comes up with. with the schedule we have now, i'll be doing road atlanta, cmp and as many vir dates i can.

as far as tpm goes, i like all the vir and summit dates they have. not sure i'd wanna do summit in october and november though. it seems like their silver membership is the best deal but you'd have to do at least 2 or 3 trackdays to make it worth it.

i watched this vid of shenandoa today. it doesn't look anymore "dangerous" than ra to me...:dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRhX7Iw6Zn8&feature=related

ROCKIT

lemondrop;170066 wrote: hopefully you are pimping a new exhaust......:adore:
Yeah the bike is pimping a new Leo Vince pipe... in someone else's garage! I sold it. I've got myself a new track ride. It still has the stock exhaust :doh: but it's a great bike. I can't wait to get it on the track :first: This bike won't be getting passed in the straights quite so easily, ha!
Thanks for asking. I know how much that loud (lack of) exhaust on the 650 is going to be missed (right, RR?).

kawaholic

lemondrop;170066 wrote: hopefully you are pimping a new exhaust......:adore:
lol...as long as you mentioned it. i'll be pimping my old, new exhaust system from last year. are there any noise restrictions at summit?

lemondrop

ROCKIT;170072 wrote: Yeah the bike is pimping a new Leo Vince pipe... in someone else's garage! I sold it. I've got myself a new track ride. It still has the stock exhaust :doh: but it's a great bike. I can't wait to get it on the track :first: This bike won't be getting passed in the straights quite so easily, ha!
Thanks for asking. I know how much that loud (lack of) exhaust on the 650 is going to be missed (right, RR?).
she will be missed...whats the new ride? a black cbr by chance????

ROCKIT

lemondrop;170077 wrote: she will be missed...whats the new ride? a black cbr by chance????
How'd you know?? =]
Thanks, she is missed. She was a great starter bike. I haven't even ridden the cbr more than 3 or 4 times yet. They feel even more different than I imagined... I gotta get on this new bike soon and get used to it. The seat is so freakin tall that when I'm sitting on it I can't reach the ground in my Alpinestars boots I bought for the track :banghead:

ROCKIT

lemondrop;170170 wrote: ya gotta side saddle it at a stop......what is ben riding?
That's the advice I keep on getting... didn't stop me from dropping it and breaking off the clutch lever though :rolleyes:
I can't put my toes down in my new boots... any advice on making them a little more "flexible" or something? The sole doesn't want to flex or bend at all.
I believe he has an '07 cbr track-only now, and a Daytona 675 commuter.

Where do you have your rear preload? I had to roll mine all the way to softest setting to get my sag right. It helped with the reach. I'm a 32 inseam by the way.

lemondrop

ROCKIT;170172 wrote: That's the advice I keep on getting... didn't stop me from dropping it and breaking off the clutch lever though :rolleyes:
I can't put my toes down in my new boots... any advice on making them a little more "flexible" or something? The sole doesn't want to flex or bend at all.
walk around in them, they should loosen up. you do not want too much articulation in your boot....not good during a get off.

you could grab some lowering link and push the forks up thru the triple

Rydell

ROCKIT;170172 wrote: That's the advice I keep on getting... didn't stop me from dropping it and breaking off the clutch lever though :rolleyes:
You could also get a thinner seat, without off-setting the gyroscopic geometry of the bike by lowering it. I know my bike was lowered an inch when I bought it, took it to the track, big difference...

New boots always take a decent amount of riding and walking around to "break" them in. I remember getting my first set of knee high alpinestars, I could barely shift in them. But within a few weeks of riding they were great.