Waiting list for open spots on trackdays

joeyb

I was hoping that a month early was enough time to be able to get it, but live and learn I guess. This is my first year with NESBA so I will know better next time....just change it to "Wait lottery" instead of "wait list" and this should correct everything :p

Landshark

Control Rider
joeyb;88675 wrote: I was hoping that a month early was enough time to be able to get it, but live and learn I guess. This is my first year with NESBA so I will know better next time....just change it to "Wait lottery" instead of "wait list" and this should correct everything :p
E-Mailing list?

JGardy_781

This was sort of interesting - the general provided suggestion (lacking the back and forth with DJ regarding potential options there applied) basically captures how the "old" wait list concept worked (old = maybe 3 years back?); no one was particularly happy with it then, which led to the powers that be develop the "new" wait list concept, which gives everyone an equal shot to register for the day - quickest draw wins (as opposed to how far down the telephone/e-mail tree the staff are able to traverse before they give up just head for the event; I think the old list process also likely contributed to the now-banned practice of just showing up for an event, unregistered, to lurk around the event director, vulture-like, waiting for spots to open up due to early-morning crashing).

Now that we have the "new", it seems as though we want the "old" back. Not saying one's better than the other, but an interesting nonetheless.

Mr.DJ

JGardy_781;88806 wrote: This was sort of interesting - the general provided suggestion (lacking the back and forth with DJ regarding potential options there applied) basically captures how the "old" wait list concept worked (old = maybe 3 years back?); no one was particularly happy with it then, which led to the powers that be develop the "new" wait list concept, which gives everyone an equal shot to register for the day - quickest draw wins (as opposed to how far down the telephone/e-mail tree the staff are able to traverse before they give up just head for the event; I think the old list process also likely contributed to the now-banned practice of just showing up for an event, unregistered, to lurk around the event director, vulture-like, waiting for spots to open up due to early-morning crashing).

Now that we have the "new", it seems as though we want the "old" back. Not saying one's better than the other, but an interesting nonetheless.
Yup :agree: - that was why we had the "back and forth" - Lead one to same conclusion. Again, all can not be happy. But we are listening.