Welcome center/New member section

greeny

whaddya think? it would fit rather nicely under the NESBA paddock in the general discussions section :D

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Shouldn't it be called TA (Track-aholic Anonymous)

Hi, My name is Jon...and I have a new addiction.......

jimgl3

email005.JPG

BEE - BEEP!

KRatt

Well not a lot of "newbie" info here, so guess I can be the first eh?

Been riding bikes for about 20 or so years. Sports bikes have been my favorites for most of them. While I do ride them all and have owned a number of other kinds, and am currently down to two bikes out of four I owned last year.

I gave-up/lost one bike to a divorce (same woman had me get rid of 3 others I had through the years, good thing she's the EX now)

Sold one to clear out garage to make room for Girlfriends son's bike.

Leaving me with a CBR & GoldWing. Before ya go 'Dis'g me on the Goldwing, I ride it with my girl on the back like Yellow-Tail did his on the Dragon's Tail! Just can't beat carving up curves with your tune's blaring, with the power under your arse.

I'm currently under the illusion to put my 2006 Honda CBR600RR on the track.

I began riding in the early 70's (didn't everyone?) on Honda's in the dirt, in the woods and through the fields. Rode a Yamaha "cruiser type" in the later 70's. Wasn't until after a tour in the Gulf, that got back on the bikes. (re)Started with the ugly Yamaha SECA II (650), then went to the Honda F4, then F4i, then (an now) a 600RR. Also spent a season on a Honda VTX1300, Harley Road King, and Suzuki C50 Boulevard. I think somewhere in there was another bike, but just can't remember without the 2nd pot of coffee.

Oct 25 (Summit Point) is my first scheduled "Intro" to the Track. While I've done bad things on/with bike when not on a track, figured at this point in life I should try "legal".

While the weather doesn't look promising for my first "Track Day" I think it's worth a shot.

About the Bike I'm Tracking:
2006 Honda CBR 600RR
Vortex sprokets
DID Chain
Brambo Pads & Roaters
"New" Spring & Valves
Stainless Braided Brake lines
PowerCommander
K&N Filter
HotBodies Undertail Exhaust Kit (GPMoto Style)
Dunlap 209's

Thinking it should work for a first timer.

kd83

Kratt

Most say a day in the rain isn't always a bad thing, it teachs you throttle control to the n'th degree. But most like opening her up and using that power, so a day in the rain isn't always fun for everyone. Are you there both days?

beac83

Welcome Kratt,

You will love the track. And you're not the only one with a GL in the garage next to sport and track bikes. Have a great time at Summit tomorrow.

KRatt

Hi All,
Just leary of the Rain and the Cold. =
- At my age, (as my old man says) we don't heal as fast as we used to, or the way we think we should.
Only time down was last month in the rain after new brakes were put on. (Not enough time to get scuffed up properly).
- Ain't bragging, but it's the truth. Gotta love my Girlfriend for not running me over after I dumped.

So, until I hear otherwise, guess I'll be at Summit Point bright and early the 25th!

Unfortunately not there for both days to ride. Depending on Saturday, we may come back to watch Sunday.

Peace!

stkr

Welcome to the insanity :cheers:

Don't feel bad about the Goldwing. Hell, my garage has a Harley next to the track bike. :D I think I may have a split personality disorder, but I'm not sure which is the normal one yet, so I'm keeping them both. ;)

The Harley keeps me "fairly" civil on the street. Now if I could just get a set of Pirelli Dragon SCP's on there, I'd be set.

littlelady

Hey KRatt

I'm also new to the track--actually went onto the track for the first time today at summit main--was FABULOUS (everyone is really supportive and helpful)
I'm gonna be back at the JC track tomorrow for the beginner day (my intro was today),
so weather holding up, will look out for you as we'll be riding in the same group---

as for your Gwing, that's nothing! at least you are bringing a 600 to the track---i seem to be the only one on a 250!!!

jimgl3

nope, there are more ninja 250's in here. i can't name them off the top of my head, but they are here

littlelady

jimgl3;23372 wrote: nope, there are more ninja 250's in here. i can't name them off the top of my head, but they are here
Good to hear! Hopefully they can give me some advice how to get the best out of my little engine :)