What is everyones track day plans this year?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Mike, you WILL be missed at the TDs!! I'll see you at the NJMP and Summit rounds though…:cool:

freeflydive

I'll be out there with NESBA again, but I'll also ride with another organization due to NESBA's price increase for all members, non-existent $99 Mondays, and limited schedule this year. I'll consider renewing my Elite membership when it expires.

Going to be my 14th season, I see me circulating out there from May to August for at least half dozen, and looking forward to check out the JC layout.

jdel

I'm doing as many Summit Main and Shenandoah days as I can this year. First year with my own trailer so I'm going to stay local and get used to driving to and from the track.

motorkas

also going to be doing 20+. . .going to try to convince my brother to road trip with me to RA for the fundraiser, doing every NCBIKE, NJMP, SUMMIT day and the VIR N Monday's after NCBIKE. . .going to end the year at Barber and seriously thinking about a weekend road trip to NYST. . .

My goals for this season:
map out every track (roll off, braking, roll on, and turn in points)
Riding "relaxed" from session one every day
Getting more comfortable on the edge of the tracks so I can use more of the track in general
1:32 at NJMP
Learn how to change my tires
get more comfortable with shifting and rev matching on downshifts (and exploring more of the gear box in general)
start nibbling at a certain yellow R6
Safely turn 40 so I can contemplate racing in the 40+ group. . .:D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
motorkas;301027 wrote:
I use and highly recommend the No-Mar Tire Changer for home tire changes. You and your brother could go in on one together. Sometimes they run package deals. I ended up with the Jr. Pro Model as they were running a good special. I'd tried a cheaper changer, but didn't have the muscle to easily use it (ok, I worded that nicely...reality: cursing, tool throwing and bloodied knuckles. I found it a good home). The No-Mar works fantastic! Well worth the cost with the frequency of tire changing the both of you will be doing.
No-Mar also has a less expensive Cycle Hill model. If you go that route, or some other cheaper route, I still would at least purchase the No-Mar mount/demount bar.

The folks at No-Mar are great to deal with! They also have great instructional videos on their website, and they send an instructional CD with the unit.

If you have any questions, holler!

matt2212

motorkas;301027 wrote: also going to be doing 20+. . .going to try to convince my brother to road trip with me to RA for the fundraiser, doing every NCBIKE, NJMP, SUMMIT day and the VIR N Monday's after NCBIKE. . .going to end the year at Barber and seriously thinking about a weekend road trip to NYST. . .

Getting more comfortable on the edge of the tracks so I can use more of the track in general

get more comfortable with shifting and rev matching on downshifts (and exploring more of the gear box in general)

Dam kas you will be rolling from all that!!

I will defiantly see you at all those weekday north events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
motorkas;301027 wrote: also going to be doing 20+. . .going to try to convince my brother to road trip with me to RA for the fundraiser, doing every NCBIKE, NJMP, SUMMIT day and the VIR N Monday's after NCBIKE. . .going to end the year at Barber and seriously thinking about a weekend road trip to NYST. . .

Bought this a few months back. Found it on craigslist. Snap On, made specifically for bike wheels. It's about 5 years old. Got it cheaper than I could buy a new No-Mar set up for.

Look for deals...they're out there!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;301057 wrote: Bought this a few months back. Found it on craigslist. Snap On, made specifically for bike wheels. It's about 5 years old. Got it cheaper than I could buy a new No-Mar set up for.

Is that pneumatic? That's the hot setup! I have seen used Coates for great prices, so good idea to look for them as well!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Yes it is, electric power on the turn table. If it didn't require so much CFM for air I would have it in my toy hauler for track side tire changes. But, since I'm not dragging my vertical compressor with me everywhere, I just have 3 sets of rims now. One set is dedicated rains, and the other two are my dry sets. I usually will use a previously raced tire for practice or a track day, then over lunch, toss on the new tire/rim for the races in the afternoon. Come home, and do all my tire flipping/changing.

I have 6 more tire changes (Figuring it's $20/flip) to break even from the purchase. After that, it's all saved money. :D Even if I hadn't broke even, the convenience is really worth it. I hate losing track time waiting on a tire to get flipped.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider

Kas, that's beast mode right there!! Going to be a season fun Bro.:agree:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Otto Man;301057 wrote: Bought this a few months back. Found it on craigslist. Snap On, made specifically for bike wheels. It's about 5 years old. Got it cheaper than I could buy a new No-Mar set up for.

Do you have military discount? :D

EddieRo

Having a baby boy this May (my first) so trying to get a few days in real early. Not sure how much I'll get to do this year. We'll see. Looking forward to seeing all of you again this year for at least a couple days.

If not, you'll catch me on some early morning rides on the weekend on my Highball in North Jersey. Definitely not "the pace" but relaxing and fits the bike fix just as well.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
HondaGalToo;301053 wrote: I use and highly recommend the No-Mar Tire Changer for home tire changes. You and your brother could go in on one together. Sometimes they run package deals. I ended up with the Jr. Pro Model as they were running a good special. I'd tried a cheaper changer, but didn't have the muscle to easily use it (ok, I worded that nicely...reality: cursing, tool throwing and bloodied knuckles. I found it a good home). The No-Mar works fantastic! Well worth the cost with the frequency of tire changing the both of you will be doing.
No-Mar also has a less expensive Cycle Hill model. If you go that route, or some other cheaper route, I still would at least purchase the No-Mar mount/demount bar.

The folks at No-Mar are great to deal with! They also have great instructional videos on their website, and they send an instructional CD with the unit.

If you have any questions, holler!
Don't jump the gun there Judy, he's just trying to figure out to get the wheels off the bike :doh:

As for chasing down a certain Yellow R6, Kas :haha: Bring it!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
vinny337;301078 wrote: Do you have military discount? :D
Sure do...free! Feel free to swing by my place any time on your way to/from the track It'll take longer to get to my house driving through the neighborhood than it would changing the tire itself.