What is everyones track day plans this year?

Just thinking about riding season and track days and was wondering what everyone is planning this year? How many track days are you hoping to make? Anyone get a new bike or any new track gear? I have already signed up for 3 days at N.Y.S.T, only about 90 miles from where I live, I am also thinking of going to NJMP for a day, what is better? Thunderbolt or Lightning track? Well looking forward to meeting and riding with all you I group people this year Thanks Scott Reynolds
I hope to plan to do 5-8 track days this year.

sv650

Kendall
I'm looking to do at least 10 days this year, budget permitting I'll do more. I haven't been to NJMP yet even though it's the closest track to me. I'll probably end up splitting days between NJMP and NYST, maybe kick the season off at Summit Point in March.

I have new suspension, exhaust, and a few other go fast goodies since last year. Can't wait to test them out on the track! Now I just need some warm weather so I can get motivated to put the bike back into one piece.

vzhulin

Going to do 20+ track days, hopefully.

Both NJMP Thunderbolt and Lightning are fantastic. Thunderbolt is more technical, Lightning is more fun (imo). I suggest you do the full weekend (not just 1 day), especially if you haven't been before.

Mike55

I plan on quitting my job and going on a track day binge until I become such a junkie that I'm found passed out in my trailer on the side of the road after living on roadkill and water wetter for four months. After all, Todd always says that it's an addiction... :eek:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

vzhulin

Haha. I'll be right there with ya buddy!

Mike55;299128 wrote: I plan on quitting my job and going on a track day binge until I become such a junkie that I'm found passed out in my trailer on the side of the road after living on roadkill and water wetter for four months. After all, Todd always says that it's an addiction... :eek:

raylee

I'm gonna do as many as possible. My first year that was 11 TDs and last year it was 9. My bike doesn't really need any performance mods, but I did get a Brembo RCS MC and pretty much threw the Woodcraft catalog at my bike minus rearsets since I already have good ones.

If it's a hike to get to NJ, I'd recommend T-bolt as you can get a lot more out of it. I agree with Vasiliy that Lightning is more fun, but outside of the chicane into a blind turn 5 it's basically just got that keep it WFO the entire track kinda.. on second thought.. yeah, Lightning is awesome. I'd make sure you have plenty of meat on the right side of the tire for NJMP, T-bolt melts the right side and Lightning just rapes it.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Mike55;299128 wrote: I plan on quitting my job and going on a track day binge until I become such a junkie that I'm found passed out in my trailer on the side of the road after living on roadkill and water wetter for four months. After all, Todd always says that it's an addiction... :eek:
:haha::haha::haha:

Made my night with that!

Mike55

Seriously though you won't regret a weekend at NJMP lightning. It's a very fast, flowing track and is well worth the trip. I personally like it better than NYST, but that's just me.

moman

Had 23 last year, goal is 30 this year. Between the season pass at NYST, Elite here and full throttle with another I shouldn't have a problem.
Obviously will be at NYST a bunch, Summit, Pocono, maybe the Beave and possibly check out Thompson. Didn't go to NJMP last year and didn't miss it. If I make it this year will be for Lightning.

I liken the way you think!!!!!:D This being a grown up shit sucks!!!!!

opinion914

Definitely doing NYST and also NJMP as much as I can until July 18/19/20 when I'll give CCS a go! Looking into the CT track as well, providing it's not too, how do I say this; financially irresponsible.

yokel84

Heck, I'll do 40 this year if there's any way for me to afford the travel. This is a huge increase over the 5 I did last year (my first year)... At this rate of progression, this addiction will have me living in the woods all yetti like in no time—half crazed from the fumes of burning race gas for warmth.

While the track offerings are less convenient for me (I live halfway between VIR and CMP) I'm happy that this deal will make it financially feasible for me to visit different tracks. I was saving up time off for a vacation with my GF, but I lost the GF and got a track bike instead. I think my priorities are in order.

prplppleatr239

The schedule is looking perfect for me. I'm in for both weekends @ Beaver Run & NCBike, plus Summit Jefferson in June, and whatever Main days come up.

As much as I would enjoy doing Main on Easter, I don't think grandma would appreciate me using that as an excuse to miss dinner. That Saturday would be totally doable though. *hint hint*

akosi

Hard to say how many since it depends which track days line up when I'm home but hoping for 10-15 depending on budget for trying out CCS this year. NJMP is a blast that is all I did last year because it is close and my vehicle didn't like going to far haha. This year hopefully better vehicle here in the next couple of weeks and lots of traveling in the future.

For the track days I got a Honda generator, tire warmers, rear sets, and a VP gas can because I can't stand filling my tank for 5 minutes haha. Still looking for a lap timer but other than that I'm ready to go!

mike574

Sadly I don't think I'll be doing many trackdays this year. I am buying a house and that leaves my budget very tight. Trying to do the 3 CCS races at NJMP and 2 at summit. After that not sure what other days I can afford. Also probably not riding the 600 this year b/c I can't afford the tires. I still bought an elite membership so if I do do any track days they will be with NESBA. If you have not been to NJMP you must try to make it there this year. To me NJMP is much better then NYST, NYST has a nice track but NJMP has 2 tracks with much better run off room. They have consession stands for food/ on track sleeping accomidations , beautiful bathrooms / restrant-bar, bleachers all around the track so you can watch your buddies ride. When compared back to back, NYST has nothing on NJMP. NJMP = professional race track / NYST = great track but nothing else (and not a track you want to go off track on)

Aprilia 417

moman;299142 wrote: Had 23 last year, goal is 30 this year. Between the season pass at NYST, Elite here and full throttle with another I shouldn't have a problem.
Obviously will be at NYST a bunch, Summit, Pocono, maybe the Beave and possibly check out Thompson. Didn't go to NJMP last year and didn't miss it. If I make it this year will be for Lightning.
Since I do most my track days with MoMan (although I did 24 to his 23 ;) ), it looks like I'll be trying to keep up with his plan of 30. I spent almost all of last season at NYST since it's only a 65 mile drive. I'm looking forward to the additional track at BeaveRun (yes I know it's PIRC now). And I'm looking forward to trying Thompson. I like the NJMP tracks, I just don't like getting there. Long drive made worse by a lot of traffic. Beave is just as far, but easy drive.

whitarnold

I will attend about 15 trackdays this year. If my wife leaves me and takes the baby, I will probably make about 20 trackdays this year!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I want to do as many days as possible…also look forward to working with you cool cats.:agree: