What is everyones track day plans this year?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Otto Man;301071 wrote: Yes it is, electric power on the turn table. If it didn't require so much CFM for air I would have it in my toy hauler for track side tire changes. But, since I'm not dragging my vertical compressor with me everywhere, I just have 3 sets of rims now. One set is dedicated rains, and the other two are my dry sets. I usually will use a previously raced tire for practice or a track day, then over lunch, toss on the new tire/rim for the races in the afternoon. Come home, and do all my tire flipping/changing.

I have 6 more tire changes (Figuring it's $20/flip) to break even from the purchase. After that, it's all saved money. :D Even if I hadn't broke even, the convenience is really worth it. I hate losing track time waiting on a tire to get flipped.
Awesome! Yeah, I broke even on the purchase awhile ago, between a few street bikes and the track bikes. The convenience of doing it whenever you want is reason enough.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;301093 wrote: I am watching you all ride while I watch from the sidelines LOL!

BZ
That, sadly, may be the case for me as well. I was downsized at work in December, so unless I find something by riding season...:(

motorkas

HondaGalToo;301053 wrote: I use and highly recommend the No-Mar Tire Changer for home tire changes. You and your brother could go in on one together. Sometimes they run package deals. I ended up with the Jr. Pro Model as they were running a good special. I'd tried a cheaper changer, but didn't have the muscle to easily use it (ok, I worded that nicely...reality: cursing, tool throwing and bloodied knuckles. I found it a good home). The No-Mar works fantastic! Well worth the cost with the frequency of tire changing the both of you will be doing.
No-Mar also has a less expensive Cycle Hill model. If you go that route, or some other cheaper route, I still would at least purchase the No-Mar mount/demount bar.

The folks at No-Mar are great to deal with! They also have great instructional videos on their website, and they send an instructional CD with the unit.

If you have any questions, holler!
Thanks Judy, when the time comes, I may have to invite myself over to your house to change a few of your tires (and the requisite IPA) so I can get practice. . .definitely going to be looking into this. . .:)

Dam kas you will be rolling from all that!!

I will defiantly see you at all those weekday north events
Thanks Matt. . .definitely will not be rolling but I think it's time to start really working the plan when on track. I find beside braking markers and roll off markers, I'm doing a lot of riding by "feel" and it catches me out at least twice a lap (and usually in different spots because sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't. I want to try to string everything together, and then do it consistently lap after lap. I can't escape the fact any longer that I have to "science" the track. . .:D. Definitely will see you at VIR brother!!!!!!!!!

Bought this a few months back. Found it on craigslist. Snap On, made specifically for bike wheels. It's about 5 years old. Got it cheaper than I could buy a new No-Mar set up for.

Look for deals...they're out there!
Thanks for the advice Otto - sometimes I do forget to look around and then find out if I just would of done a little more diligence. . .:banghead:

Kas, that's beast mode right there!! Going to be a season fun Bro.
Just trying to keep up for longer than the next turn with you guys. . .:adore::adore:. . .

Don't jump the gun there Judy, he's just trying to figure out to get the wheels off the bike

As for chasing down a certain Yellow R6, Kas Bring it!
. . .we need a "coughing/hacking" emoticon. . .:D. . .(and for the record Judy, he's the one who first showed me how to take off my wheels. . .:adore::adore:)

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Otto Man;301088 wrote: Sure do...free! Feel free to swing by my place any time on your way to/from the track It'll take longer to get to my house driving through the neighborhood than it would changing the tire itself.
Awesome, You are the man!!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
motorkas;301104 wrote: Thanks Judy, when the time comes, I may have to invite myself over to your house to change a few of your tires (and the requisite IPA) so I can get practice. . .definitely going to be looking into this. . .:)
Sure, any time!! Bring your wheels. I'd be glad to show you how it works and let you try it out. Enjoying some good IPAs is a bonus!

cyclox

From what appears to be the state of disrepair of NESBA, it looks like I'll be doing more racing than trackdays this year.

That ain't a bad thing, but I will miss hanging out with the NESBA folks...

sv650

Kendall
I'm confused about what the deal is in the NE... It sounds like the SE is pretty much screwed, other than NYST I don't know if the NE days are still on?

I was excited to get the season pass and get my first real season in... Now I'm just worried that I lost 2k. Guess I'll know in the next few hours.

EDIT: Called Summit Point and they still has NESBA on the schedule for the 29th and 30th... Here's to hoping the rest of the NE schedule is intact.

vzhulin

sv650;302384 wrote: I'm confused about what the deal is in the NE... It sounds like the SE is pretty much screwed, other than NYST I don't know if the NE days are still on?

I was excited to get the season pass and get my first real season in... Now I'm just worried that I lost 2k. Guess I'll know in the next few hours.

EDIT: Called Summit Point and they still has NESBA on the schedule for the 29th and 30th... Here's to hoping the rest of the NE schedule is intact.
Nyst website lists the days that Nesba had as "member days" which is not a good sign either. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

sv650

Kendall
vzhulin;302414 wrote: Nyst website lists the days that Nesba had as "member days" which is not a good sign either. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah, NYST has had a lot of rumors for a while now. I didn't see NESBA not being there as long as they were open though.

I could still probably make my pass worthwhile with Summit, NJMP, and maybe BeaveRun. Given that the email we were supposed to get today still hasn't gone out, my hopes are dwindling. :banghead:

Maybe the to refund memberships NESBA had to cancel events? :dunno:

Shinobi

Hello everyone I am new to NESBA also lookin for race enthusiasts in NYC headed racing this season. well I did 3 track days last season. I am trying to do as many as possible this season since I started late in 2013. Finally we are about to start!!!!!. Been watching races all winter mostly BSB, and TT stuff. I live in NYC so I am looking to team-up and commute together to NJMP whenever possible. As for gear I ride a zx6, picked up an alpinestars gpPro to my old one, adding vortex rearsets and doing a lil repair work after crashing in the chicane last season at thunderbolt. Eventually i need to tune my exhaust system added full akro last year. Not a dedicated track bike but certainly will have a dedicated bike next season. Anyone like me out there?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
David;302636 wrote: Hello everyone I am new to NESBA also lookin for race enthusiasts in NYC headed racing this season. well I did 3 track days last season. I am trying to do as many as possible this season since I started late in 2013. Finally we are about to start!!!!!. Been watching races all winter mostly BSB, and TT stuff. I live in NYC so I am looking to team-up and commute together to NJMP whenever possible. As for gear I ride a zx6, picked up an alpinestars gpPro to my old one, adding vortex rearsets and doing a lil repair work after crashing in the chicane last season at thunderbolt. Eventually i need to tune my exhaust system added full akro last year. Not a dedicated track bike but certainly will have a dedicated bike next season. Anyone like me out there?
Welcome! Read the link in the post above yours by jcurtis and sit tight. Things are in a flux right now, but I have all the confidence in the world in the new management!

Shinobi

Copy That

HondaGalToo;302647 wrote: Welcome! Read the link in the post above yours by jcurtis and sit tight. Things are in a flux right now, but I have all the confidence in the world in the new management!
I did read that and the quotes following only speak to the quality of the organization. Looking forward even though it seems I enter at a changing of the guards so to speak. David out and thanks Judy and all.

jfmgsxr750

David;302652 wrote: I did read that and the quotes following only speak to the quality of the organization. Looking forward even though it seems I enter at a changing of the guards so to speak. David out and thanks Judy and all.

TPM and Absolute have plenty of days at NJMP. They are on solid ground and both run excellent track days. As of
now, neither has days at NYST (we hope there are days at NYST).:popcorn:

RIP NESBA......you had many loyal riders!

Shinobi

jfmgsxr750;302852 wrote: TPM and Absolute have plenty of days at NJMP. They are on solid ground and both run excellent track days. As of
now, neither has days at NYST (we hope there are days at NYST).:popcorn:

RIP NESBA......you had many loyal riders!
Indeed jfmgsxr750 ...... I rode with Absolute last year. We'll see what happens still working on building a network of ride-shares for NYCity folk. Unsure how long the forum will be up. : (

Will post later when I free up in the rideshare forum

sv650;302425 wrote: Yeah, NYST has had a lot of rumors for a while now. I didn't see NESBA not being there as long as they were open though.

I could still probably make my pass worthwhile with Summit, NJMP, and maybe BeaveRun. Given that the email we were supposed to get today still hasn't gone out, my hopes are dwindling. :banghead:

Maybe the to refund memberships NESBA had to cancel events? :dunno:
NYST They are another JOKE!!!! You will get about as much RELIABLE AND TRUE information from them as we will from BOB!!:popcorn::popcorn:

jfmgsxr750

Dead and buried

scotman623;302871 wrote: NYST They are another JOKE!!!! You will get about as much RELIABLE AND TRUE information from them as we will from BOB!!:popcorn::popcorn:

Even NYST has removed all the NESBA days on the 2014 schedule and made them member days. Does this mean
there will be a 2014 season for NYST??? Where's that popcorn.....lol :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: