What kind of chest and back protector do you wear?

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I’m going to buy a chest and back protector before my next TD. I would like to know what everyone wears and why. I’m looking at getting a A* nucleon KR-R for the back protector and a Knox for my chest. Any better options?

bmart

Control Rider
Dainese back protector w/7 scales. Know chest protector, but we vented i t after I tried using it as the solid piece. No airflow in the south is a recipe for overheating.

Like this without the ridiculous straps.

VVGC-undamaged-Dainese-BAP-Back-SPINE-Protector-Guard.jpg

And this but with mesh covering and holes drilled in it.

16708697312_74bd9c2655_z.jpg

mpusch

Micah
Probably not going to get a consensus here, especially since there's lots of good options.

I use a forcefield sub 4. It's thick, so you need the right size suit. However, after having a minor highside (is that a thing?) and hitting my lower back when I was only wearing an insert, I decided I wasn't going to play that game again.

As anecdotal evidence, I had a much more significant high side after I got the new protector. While I had a concussion, broken wrist, and such, I didn't so much as have any soreness on my torso (wore the forcefield chest protector too). Doctor was surprised.

Link: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forcefield-back-protector-pro-sub-4

If interested, I'd reach out to TJ from riders discount.

Probably not going to get a consensus here, especially since there's lots of good options.

I use a forcefield sub 4. It's thick, so you need the right size suit. However, after having a minor highside (is that a thing?) and hitting my lower back when I was only wearing an insert, I decided I wasn't going to play that game again.

As anecdotal evidence, I had a much more significant high side after I got the new protector. While I had a concussion, broken wrist, and such, I didn't so much as have any soreness on my torso (wore the forcefield chest protector too). Doctor was surprised.

Link: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/forcefield-back-protector-pro-sub-4

If interested, I'd reach out to TJ from riders discount.

I’m not really looking for any kind of consensus. There is just so much to choose from out there. I really don’t want to waste my time and money trying to find out what many people in the N2 community know. Which is what works and what doesn’t. I am taking all suggestions and going to sort through them to see what will work best for me.

2blueyam

I have a Knox vest that protected my body well when I did a bit of roll and tumble after low side. The model isn't made anymore, but I would imagine the new stuff is good too.

Old R1 pilot

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
This year I bit the bullet and bought the AStars Tech Air setup. I am super happy with how it turned out.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
I'm going to try a Leatt 3DF Airfit Protector and see how it feels. If I don't feel "secure" in it, then I think I'll give a Forcefield Pro L2 Evo a shot. My wife is going with the FF ProL2 though.

bmart

Control Rider
My big bug with them is that they don't flow any/enough air. I've been to plenty of track days with an air temp of 100F-110F. If you're so hot that you pass out...what's the point? I have some padded and hard armored A* shorts that I use. they are much better than the soft ones I used to use and they have an air routing system.

71Yz4jgztCL._SL1000_.jpg

My big bug with them is that they don't flow any/enough air. I've been to plenty of track days with an air temp of 100F-110F. If you're so hot that you pass out...what's the point? I have some padded and hard armored A* shorts that I use. they are much better than the soft ones I used to use and they have an air routing system.

71Yz4jgztCL._SL1000_.jpg
Do you have a picture of the men’s version?:D
But seriously I didn’t even know that those even existed.