Where to rent enclosed trailers.

withoutequal

I live up in frederick, MD and there seems to be a lack of trailer rental places up this way. I have used Uhaul in the past, but they are too small or wrong configuration ( no tie down/chocks for 4 bikes) Looking for a trailer big enough to fit 4 bikes. Does anyone know of a place up this way to rent, or have one for rent? Im doing beaver on the 25-26 of may.

Thanks,

Noel R.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
withoutequal;269182 wrote: I live up in frederick, MD and there seems to be a lack of trailer rental places up this way. I have used Uhaul in the past, but they are too small or wrong configuration ( no tie down/chocks for 4 bikes) Looking for a trailer big enough to fit 4 bikes. Does anyone know of a place up this way to rent, or have one for rent? Im doing beaver on the 25-26 of may.

Thanks,

Noel R.
Sorry..never seen or heard of anyone renting enclosed trailers. But, we used to rent a three rail motorcycle trailer from Jiffy Hitch in Millersville, with one bike and all our gear in the back of the pickup. I live in Pasadena, so any place I'd suggest wouldn't be practical. See if any place near Fredrick rents three railers. Make sure they provide or you have a spare tire for that trailer..three bikes is a lot of weight and aside from that..things happen. We got our trailer all loaded once...all I needed to do was hook up to it and we'd be on the road...woke up the next morning to a flat and a MAD scramble to get a replacement tire for the trip.

withoutequal

2blueyam;269185 wrote: It isn't really close to you, but JLR trailers in Manassas, VA rents enclosed trailers set up for motorcycles. I don't know if any of the motorcycle prepared trailers are large enough for 4 bikes, but you can call and ask.

http://www.jlrtrailerrentals.com/
I actually rented a 6x12 from them when I went to jennings. Great guys, and cheap too. Its a bit of a haul from where im at though, you"re right.

gursesl

UHaul rents 6x12 enclosed trailers for $29.99/day. I am picking one up this Fri and dropping off on Tue. Give them a call. Easier on the phone than through the website.

betarace

JLR FTW! has outlets in Winchester, Manassass and Richmond. I usually rent one big enough for 4 bikes for $90 for a Friday-Monday weekend

(703) 368-0593
11524 Balls Ford Rd
Manassas, VA 20109

DUG

JLR X 3..

Theyll even set up the chalks for you. (Their rigs are in excellent shape too)

gursesl

Update on UHaul: If you can, try to avoid them. The 6x12 trailer was spacious, but the hooks inside were flimsy at best. Also the position of the hooks made it difficult to strap the bikes in a secure fashion. The trailer was not designed to transport a motorcycle. I managed to load two track bikes and one 100cc dirt bike though and it all went relatively well. In the future I'd like a trailer with better tie down capabilities.

withoutequal

gursesl;269924 wrote: Update on UHaul: If you can, try to avoid them. The 6x12 trailer was spacious, but the hooks inside were flimsy at best. Also the position of the hooks made it difficult to strap the bikes in a secure fashion. The trailer was not designed to transport a motorcycle. I managed to load two track bikes and one 100cc dirt bike though and it all went relatively well. In the future I'd like a trailer with better tie down capabilities.
Good to know. That was my concern with Uhaul. They are great, just no sturdy tie points. Thanks for the heads up.