Which suspension?

bjwallen

I'm going to upgrade the suspension on my '08 CBR600. With several choices available, I've narrowed the possibilities down to the following:

Ohlins FGK204 & TTX36
Penske Forks & 8983
JRI shock & 25mm GP Suspension

I'm looking for folks who have experience with each and can describe their pros/cons here on the forum, as they seem them. I'm willing to pay for Ohlins, so I'm not concerned about cost.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I have the Penske double-clicker, the 8983. And an Ohlins 20mm kit in the forks. Works well for me. Can't go wrong with the Ohlins.

As important is selecting a suspension place to install and set it up for you.

Do they still make 25mm fork kits? I thought they were phased out as the 30mm have been out for quite some time.

I'm not much more help than that, hopefully some others will chime in.

If you're in the Mid-Atlantic area, I'd recommend Markbilt. If you're in the south, Chuck at Performance Cycleworx.

matt2212

I have the Ohlins 25 mm kit and an Ohlins rear on my 09 600rr and i do like them.

I'm with Judy on the reputable tuner to work with. I believe that is as important as good components

Chuck from performance cycleworx is The crew chief for Dane Westby's geico Honda team and when he recently dialed in my stuff it made all the difference in the world... So if you are buying ohlins for a Honda I would highly recommend him

Performancecycleworx.com

He also has his own sub forum here underneath the southeast region forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
The specific components is only one part of the equation. Work with someone that will give you the trackside support to tune it. That can be even more important than penske vs ohlins. As Judy mentioned work with Mark or Chuck based on your location.