Winter Woes

Kurt

Control Rider
Looking for recommendations for some new and original ideas that help get through the winter.

Okay, so for me skiing helps, though here in South Carolina, I don't do that as much as when I was a northerner.
We have a 12 month riding season here, but with tire temps that never rise for the occasion, it's a "conservative cornering" kind of a pace.
I'd absolutely love to get one of those MotoGP arcade games, but for the cost, I could invest in another bike instead. Anyone know where I can get one (or two) on a tight budget?

So in addition to bike maintenance, what do you do to get you through until the next track day?

Kurt

Control Rider
Ha ha. Thanks Judy. I'm actually looking at home motogp simulators. It's not much more expensive than a home exercise machine, but they're built in Spain, and it doesn't look like they ship to the USA. Anyone here have a boat?! LOL

sti2.5ldohc

Mountain biking is always fun if you have trails near you. Add in riding on snow for some smooth braking practice

bmart

Control Rider
You must not be doing enough track days. LOL I have plenty to do on the bikes from regular maintenance to cleaning. The street bikes get a solid cleaning and wax. The trailer gets attention (prepped and repainted wheel chocks and deck surface with a non stick coating). All of the gear gets a thorough cleaning and conditioning. Street rides help fill the actual riding void when it is warm enough (like tomorrow here in CLT!). Karting is an excellent way to stay focused on feeling grip (or lack thereof) and controlling a machine. Not too expensive and a great way to hang out with your buds.

And cookies. I eat a LOT of cookies!

cookie_monster_me_just_here_for_the_cookies_t_shirt-r44e4cbcc156e4243aedd30b156fd6513_k21jo_307.jpg

djhurayt

Kurt since you live in the area . . . Speed Factory . . . the indoor go-kart tracks, one in Spartanburg and one off Roper Mtn Rd . . . every other Monday night, at alternating nights they run mini-motards . . .

pick up a an Xr100 on the cheap . . .

Kurt

Control Rider
Great responses here, thanks!!!
Brad, yep -- never enough track days.
David, that looks interesting, thanks!
sti2.5ldohc, greatfully, we don't get a whole lot of snow here in South Carolina. I'll take the Gold Wing about an hour north to go skiing in Maggie Valley occasionally, but the bike will have to stay in their parking lot. Ha ha

buzz-06

Dirt bikes

+1 to this. Get yourself a dirtbike and get at it, not sure what part of SC you live in but clubmx in chesterfield is supposed to have their practice facility up and running to the public. Granted I'm only riding MX now but back when I was using it as cross training to road racing it helped tons.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
+1 to this. Get yourself a dirtbike and get at it, not sure what part of SC you live in but clubmx in chesterfield is supposed to have their practice facility up and running to the public. Granted I'm only riding MX now but back when I was using it as cross training to road racing it helped tons.
We’re going to get together this winter...

rob92

Control Rider
N2
+1 on dirt bikes... also, excursions to YCRS outside of Tucson, AZ are a lot of fun, too!

Kurt

Control Rider
That looks like an amazing amount of fun, Brad! I had to share it on my Facebook page.