Wish I'd gotten here sooner

yokel84

Hi all,

I did my first trackday in the pouring rain at VIR North this August and went back for a Patriot/North double header the 20/21st, and I think it broke my brain.

I believe it's the best thing I've ever done up to, and possibly including, sex.

I just wanted to say Hello to folks here on this site; I've already been lurking around the classifieds trying to figure out if I can budget a track dedicated bike.. I used to obsess about cleaning and waxing my bike, now all I want is something ugly that I can go fast on (or try to) —So I'm guessing y'all will see a lot of me next season. I'm already signed up for Barber, and, thanks to another member, I've got a ride there.

Big thanks to the directors and CRs for being so awesome at the 3 days I've attended so far and for making these events possible; I don't know how you all can stay humble while knowing how to ride motorcycles so fast.

I rode with one of you (sry I'm bad with names) in the last session of B group on Patriot-Oct 20-when it was empty, and you said I was going fast enough for I—never have so few words made me happier. I didn't get the bump at North the next day, but thanks to Deon for 'xplainin that I probably need to learn to ride while there are other bikes on the track too.

I'm on a bright-ass yellow 08 zx6r #84. See you all in the Paddock

EddieRo

I hear and relate to all of that. Got here last year. About to hit 40 in the spring and regret not doing this 15 years ago.... :eek:

Welcome and sorry... :confused: Off season is on us and spring seems a long way out....

yokel84

vinny337;293350 wrote: Welcome to the NESBA family!!
Thanks! Nesba's a great atmosphere. I feel like y'all "understand" ;)

Steverino;293357 wrote: At least you are here. I did not get here til late also!
Definitely, and thanks again for the ride!

GriffinD;293361 wrote: Welcome to NESBA. Come up & ride NJMP with us next year.

:cheers:
Will do. Hope you locals will excuse me goin all slow on y'alls track

griffonrider;293362 wrote:
Welcome. Sorry about your bank account balance:D
Yeah, I already had to talk myself out of the "addicted" package.. after just 3 td's no less

EddieRo;293364 wrote:
I hear and relate to all of that. Got here last year. About to hit 40 in the spring and regret not doing this 15 years ago.... :eek:

Well, I'm only 29, but I've been scheming on getting to the track for several years-Glad I finally just did it! I worried it was too expensive yada yada.. Now, I don't care about all that

Welcome and sorry... :confused: Off season is on us and spring seems a long way out....
I don't know how you guys make it through the off season every year. I can't even wait till next weekend.

Domiken

Welcome! Some great deals to be had during this time in the off season, so don't rush into the first thing you find, there will be a ton of options at great prices.

yokel84

Domiken;293396 wrote: Welcome! Some great deals to be had during this time in the off season, so don't rush into the first thing you find, there will be a ton of options at great prices.
Thanks for the advice. On a shoestring budget, so any advice along those lines appreciated. Or if you know of anyone with something.. I probably should go the SV route, but I just love revving out an I4 too much. Most interested in something with race plastics and good suspension set up. Fuel injected, USD forks.

ducfkr

Hey Will , I think i was chasing you around VIR , I was on the naked, Old, beatup, RED , Ducati.Oh forgot LOUD:dunno:

see ya , when I see ya!

yokel84

Hey Duc,

Yeah, I think I saw you.. Or heard you anyway! I'm on my way to Barber right now. Just can't get enough.

Good riding with you

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2