Won my first track day at NESBA at NY IMS

paris400

NoBull;105377 wrote: Speeds all depends on the rider. There are some folks in the B group that are really rolling. Your job is to ride your own ride and have fun.

In the B group most of the speed will be coming out of the long bowl turn onto the front straight (check the track map on NJMP's website). The first half of the course is a bunch of linked turns ending with a sharp left. After that it's a kink leading to the bowl and then the front straight. You can easily get into triple digit speeds on the front straight.

All the fun is in the turns though. Not the speed while going in a straight line.

Don't worry about what other people are doing. Ride your own ride, let the faster guys overtake you (only on straights in the B group) and concentrate on having fun. Follow the CR's on track to get the line down and use them to get feedback after the session and try to apply this feedback on subsequent sessions. (it can be a little much on your first day for some people though)

I'm sure you'll have fun. Did you decide on a date yet?
No date chosen yet. I love the sidetrack and the photo of the corners being talked about. Speed will come with familiarity of the track so the better weather can't come soon enough! It'll be nice to enjoy cornering without worrying about cars. :D

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
word to that.....maybe kimmy will jump in here and add her words of wisdom...she started out on a 250 (i think) and not rides a 650 (i think)

paris400

lemondrop;105417 wrote: word to that.....maybe kimmy will jump in here and add her words of wisdom...she started out on a 250 (i think) and not rides a 650 (i think)
Excellent! Thanks again for the great responses.