Woodcraft adjustable rear stand?

jimmyz63

Anybody have the Woodcraft adjustable rear stand? I'm in need of a good rear stand and the adjustability is appealing. I'd like just one stand for both my street bike(Kawi ZRX) and track bike. Just want to be sure the uprights are plenty sturdy enough.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
Hopefully someone can share their personal experience but here is a good in-depth video by SportbikeTrackGear. It looks like in addition to the bicycle seat style clamps there is a pin that also holds the upright in place. So it's sort of like a jack stand where there is a latch that holds the weight, but also a safety pin to prevent the upright from fully collapsing. I also noticed it has four huge wheels. You could probably use this thing directly on gravel at NCBike.

Last edited:

bmart

Control Rider
I haven't used their stands, but they don't make any bad equipment. Certainly worth a look at online reviews. I own so many PitBull stands that I'll never need another stand for anything!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I have one of the new Woodcraft adjustable rear stands. Just got it a couple months ago. It's one of the nicest rear stands I've seen. I guess if you compare it to a PitBull, it isn't quite as sturdy, but nothing short of a 10 ton lift would be. Compared to pretty much any other stand I've seen, however, it's even more sturdy - and plenty strong enough for virtually any application. It is lighter, rolls easier and the extra adjustability makes it nicer for me to use than the PitBull - which I also have. I highly recommend it.

jimmyz63

I have one of the new Woodcraft adjustable rear stands. Just got it a couple months ago. It's one of the nicest rear stands I've seen. I guess if you compare it to a PitBull, it isn't quite as sturdy, but nothing short of a 10 ton lift would be. Compared to pretty much any other stand I've seen, however, it's even more sturdy - and plenty strong enough for virtually any application. It is lighter, rolls easier and the extra adjustability makes it nicer for me to use than the PitBull - which I also have. I highly recommend it.
Alright...good enough for me. The ZRX is a little on the heavy side and lowering the stand uprights would make it easier to lift. Thanks.