Woodcraft Clipons on 05 CBR600RR ??

Rassie

Anyone here use Woodcraft clipons on their 05 06 CBR600RR. I got mine yesterday and today tried to fit them. The are so low now that the bars touch the bodywork when fully locked. Anybody have any experience with this. Maybe I am doing something wrong. They are angled at 7 degrees and recommended for my bike by Woodcraft. I tried all sorts of positions and also tried to usethem upside down :notsure:. ANyway any help will be appreciated. I just can't figure it out....:banghead:

Rassie;8767 wrote: Bummer, what is the alternative, Vortex or just stock?
deal with it, when are you ever at full lock! if that's te only problem, I'd say deal with it. If you go back to stock, and you crash, there you go spending time switching clipons when you can loosen 2 bolts pull push and then go!

Macon663

I've got woodcrafts on my 05 rr right now. I just kinda deal w/ it. Its never affected me on the track.

Folly1

Same on my duc749s. I have not found it a problem except moving the bike around in the garage.
I like the product.

Ben.

Rassie

Thanks for the input. On the CBR600RR what did you guys do with the fact that t catches the stock gauges. Will I have to make a new bracket?:notsure:

Drewbie

It just catches the guages.. same thing. I just delt with it. You can get your dremel out and grind off a little of the gauges to make it less of a problem. But on the track you wont get that close to it. Just be careful in the paddock.

OR

Get rid of the old style master cylinder. Put an 07-08 1000, or 600 Radial MC on there and it doesnt touch. Gives you much better feel to.

JASON748

EASY FIX...
I run woodcrafts, but have run others in the past, they all do it.
Get a couple of the stick on wheel weights, cut one in 1/2, then stick them to the steering stops (either the frame side or the lower triple side).

Rassie

JASON748;10431 wrote: EASY FIX...
I run woodcrafts, but have run others in the past, they all do it.
Get a couple of the stick on wheel weights, cut one in 1/2, then stick them to the steering stops (either the frame side or the lower triple side).
Thanks great idea. I am playing around with it again this weekend to see if I can get them so that I can live with it.