Would you come back to NESBA?

stkr

After some comments in the "2013" thread, I figured I would start this one to see what people's thoughts are.

Let's not get into a debate or off topic here. I'd like to know:

If NESBA were to reinstate the Midwest region, would you come back and ride? This is for both members and CRs. If you know of someone that hasn't been around in a while, please pass the word to let them know of this thread.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if NESBA is even considering bringing us back, but it couldn't hurt to let them know how many of us are waiting and hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stkr

My response: Yes, I would happily come back to ride/CR.

z064life

Yes I would ride. I ride with them throughout the eastern 1/2 of the states. The Midwest would be bonus since the trips wouldn't be so long for me.

I'm not fast enough to be asked to be a CR yet so I can't help there. I would be willing to help with registration and tech in the morning though

kbonigut

100% yes. Even if they were only at BHF I would ride with them. Easily the fastest and most well run org out there. Others are good, but NESBA had it nailed. If they dont come back i wont be suprised, but would be too bad.

tdelegram

Control Rider
What tracks were in this reigon, if you include Mid-Ohio and Nelsons Ledges for sure I am in. May also bump up attendance at Beaver Run as we can pull from area's that are dormant!

dlockhart5x

Absolutely!

Having now riden with the other guys, I even more appreciate how well NESBA's system works on the track.

j_fuggin_t

I just want to ride, simple as that.. That being said I miss Fred's meetings, Alan sneaking up on me in :a: and just a whole other group of friends that I like to share my weekends with. If they'll have us I'll help out best I can.

j_fuggin_t

some guy #2;254644 wrote: I dunno. After racing this year I think I'm burned out on TD's.
Lol I'm just the opposite. The only difference to me is the starts. I have a lot more fun at trackdays, there is always a fast guy to chase and some days you might be the fast guy there. Not to mention at ccs I spend as much as it costs for 3 track weekends.

nk140

j_fuggin_t;254654 wrote: Lol I'm just the opposite. The only difference to me is the starts. I have a lot more fun at trackdays, there is always a fast guy to chase and some days you might be the fast guy there. Not to mention at ccs I spend as much as it costs for 3 track weekends.
Race MotoSeries then. Track day on Saturday and race on Sunday. I spend about the same as a full track day weekend.

j_fuggin_t

nk140;254659 wrote: Race MotoSeries then. Track day on Saturday and race on Sunday. I spend about the same as a full track day weekend.
Maybe next year, but it won't hurt my feelings if I don't race any longer

Relic

stkr;254579 wrote:
Disclaimer: I have no idea if NESBA is even considering bringing us back, but it couldn't hurt to let them know how many of us are waiting and hoping.
It wouldn't hurt, but would it help? That's the question. That said, I've been riding Putnam with STT and MCRA and racing with MCRA. Sure...if NESBA were to come back, I'll be happy to ride with them as well, and if I'm asked to step up to CR in the Novice or I groups, happy to do that as well. But from everything I've heard/read, a lot of bridges have been burned and it's going to require some inspired leadership to reestablish credibility.

stkr

Relic;254772 wrote: It wouldn't hurt, but would it help? That's the question. That said, I've been riding Putnam with STT and MCRA and racing with MCRA. Sure...if NESBA were to come back, I'll be happy to ride with them as well, and if I'm asked to step up to CR in the Novice or I groups, happy to do that as well. But from everything I've heard/read, a lot of bridges have been burned and it's going to require some inspired leadership to reestablish credibility.
I guess that was the point of my post. I'm not sure what it would take to get NESBA back to the midwest, but I'm willing to help get it here if it's possible.

z064life

I'd help out any way I can. I'm a newbie to A group so I'll leave the CRing to better, more experienced riders. I can surely help register and tech though. I'd even help in the way of getting NESBA to partner with some local orgs for trackdays (Indy Ducati/Commonwealth being the best one for Putnam). I know Indy Ducati wants to do full weekends but could only do single days (except with MCRA) because they can't draw enough on their own. I'm sure with NESBA support they could do full weekends and run 3-4 times at Putnam alone.

RADAR Magnet

betarace;254642 wrote: I am a southeast rider and would ride Ohio tracks given the chance
Same here. I'd like to go up and do one of them next season and will do it with another club but would prefer to do it with NESBA. Eventually I'd like to get up to Road America and it would be great to do it with a club that I'm already familiar with.

dbakerpa

j_fuggin_t;254654 wrote: Lol I'm just the opposite. The only difference to me is the starts. I have a lot more fun at trackdays, there is always a fast guy to chase and some days you might be the fast guy there. Not to mention at ccs I spend as much as it costs for 3 track weekends.
I agree!!!! I can run fair tires and I can slow down when I get tired. More fun than the fricken blast I have racing. I will always try to ride with NESBA first. I have ridden with the other guys all year because NESBA days didnt work with my schedule. Nuf said.