Would you come back to NESBA?

ANORXIC '51

Agreed with 'Z06'. ZARS (pretty much our only td organizer in MN) has 3 dates in your neck of the woods @ Road America planned for next year (one 2-day to kick the 2013 season off and a single day later in the year). Also, with the new repave at BIR she has both Donnybrooke (3.1 mi long course) and Competition Course (2.5 mi) dates planned @ Brainerd.

I'll be coming back to NESBA sooner than expected..... Ended up falling short of my goal to get the I bump at my first NESBA weekend on a new-to-me bike on a new-to-me track. Will have to plan a trip south early next spring (thinking a return to Barber...or maybe NOLA) on my normal bike and hopefully be ready to rock with all my friends that outright signed up for I by the time the Barber season finale rolls around next fall.

-Christian

RubberSideDown

Undecided, I'm still upset with the way we were treated which means the difficulty members had getting their membership fees reimbursed, sudden cancellation (yes there was writing on the wall with the declining dates) and lack of a REAL answer as to why they were folding in the Midwest. As far as I'm concerned, I am no longer an exclusive NESBA rider. from now on I will find a date I can ride, a track I wish to ride and go with whatever org can fill my needs. Sure NESBA runs the cleanest TD's but they alienated a STRONG customer base in the way they chose to disolve the Midwest.

RubberSideDown

beac83;256065 wrote: NESBA Midwest was viable and had a positive cash flow as near as I can tell. It seems that dropping the schedule was more of a business direction decision (a decision to consolidate attention on the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Regions) than one forced by financial non-performance of the Mid-West region.

While that's certainly within the management's right to decide, there are many Mid-West Customers who liked, appreciated and are willing to again turn out and use the NESBA product. A schedule made up of Putnam, Blackhawk, and one other track (Grattan?) would likely be very well received and attended.
:agree:
This is my point, if they had financial difficulties as was stated. They could have restructured management, tracks, dates and pricing.
If tracks are not negotiating in good faith as was rumored, talk to other tracks.
Shutting down should not be a top ten solution.

z064life

If they would pick up a few dates in the midwest, I'd be able to ride exclusively with them. And I would have picked up a 20 trackday package.

ceptorman

stkr;254788 wrote: I guess that was the point of my post. I'm not sure what it would take to get NESBA back to the midwest, but I'm willing to help get it here if it's possible.
Yes, me too. I think the core of Nesba is better than everyone else, especially in this region, and an extra especially omong the MIDWEST CONTROL RIDERS! You guys were the best in Nesba.

Heeth

yes i would come back.

also any surrounding des moines area track goers hit me up if you are going out this year.

i would love to join you. p.s i need a ride, will split costs lol

Racebitz

So what happened? no more Mid-west track days? Sorry, I've been away since 2004, but learned a lot from NESBA at Putnam and BHF

stkr

The midwest was deemed to be a financial liability for NESBA, so we were suspended.

Area tracks are still operating, but the track days are being managed by other organizations.

Welcome back to the addiction. Do some searching and you'll find a track to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk