Would you come back to NESBA?

z064life

pearsonm;256211 wrote: Which word?
pretty sure he means you don't need anything but a street bike to run the track. Not to mention it isn't a race so who cares if you can't quite hang with another guys bike. MOST people it is the rider that is the limit to how fast you can get around the track, not the bike.

stkr

z064life;256216 wrote: pretty sure he means you don't need anything but a street bike to run the track. Not to mention it isn't a race so who cares if you can't quite hang with another guys bike. MOST people it is the rider that is the limit to how fast you can get around the track, not the bike.
Well said :cool: I blamed my old bike for a long time, but it took me 6 years to finally reach the point where it was ACTUALLY holding me back. Now that I upgraded to a newer bike, the cycle has started all over again. Now I'm the limiting factor again.

some guy #2

pearsonm;256206 wrote: Really? No, not the gear that separates me from the Sausage Monster.

Showing up with anything less than a race-prepped four-cylinder is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Of course you've got to run slicks which means warmers and a generator. Now you need a trailer and a bigger vehicle to haul it all with and somewhere to store it.

I'm done spending that much time and money, no matter what track day organization.

Are you talking about racing or TD's? Pretty sure SV's and 250's are having fun out there.

You don't need warmers, slicks, gennys, trailers, to go fast. You just suck :D

some guy #2

The tire bill is ridiculous but the it's worth it to pull along side my buddies on 600's, wave, and take off :p

I'm actually looking to sell it this winter for a 600. Club racing novice 1000's (all 5 of us) isn't very exciting.

nk140

some guy #2;256250 wrote: The tire bill is ridiculous but the it's worth it to pull along side my buddies on 600's, wave, and take off :p :flipoff:

some guy #2;256250 wrote:
I'm actually looking to sell it this winter for a 600. Club racing novice 1000's (all 5 of us) isn't very exciting.
:agree:

beac83

pearsonm;256206 wrote: Really? No, not the gear that separates me from the Sausage Monster.

Showing up with anything less than a race-prepped four-cylinder is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Of course you've got to run slicks which means warmers and a generator. Now you need a trailer and a bigger vehicle to haul it all with and somewhere to store it.

I'm done spending that much time and money, no matter what track day organization.
I understand how you might feel that way, walking around the paddock. But I've run Q2'a for a couple of years now on an older bike - yes, its a track bike because crashing is expensive for OEM plastics. But no warmers, no extensive tire bills, etc. I have fun without running the fastest times out there, but instead am quite comfortable in the front half of :i: and having a blast. It's not always about the chase for lap times. It's a day with friends at the track.

rk97

I'm more than willing to engage in the "can you do track days on a budget" debate, but this isn't the place for it...

From the initial post:

stkr;254579 wrote:

Let's not get into a debate or off topic here.

phoenix

ex-mid central comment here -

I'll plan to ride where my friends ride, and when it fits into my schedule. I didn't get out a lot this year, mostly due to work. I had some choices, and sometimes it meant I would go to the track on days when my old TD buddies were not there. That's not as much fun.

I fully admit I'm still bitter about how NESBA handled it. I think they totally F'ed up in the planning and execution of the mid central region and the mid west region. I got tired of the "will they have any days at this track" worries. Have we ever heard the story behind the lost tracks? Meh, probably doesn't matter.

Having some track choices, at tracks closer to home, and surrounded by old friends. That's my objective.

Haven't even been on this site in ages... Sold my track bike when NESBA Midwest folded up shop... I've been spending my time riding in the woods on a Husqvarna TE 310 with friends and having a blast.

I do miss the Midwest Paddock and the friends I made there, but they folded up shop about the same time I decided to go back to school for my doctorate degree, so it all sort of fell in place.

Once I finish my doctorate degree, I plan to buy another track bike and get back at it and if NESBA is running days anywhere near where I live at that time, they will be my organization of choice. By far, the best run track day org I've ridden with...

Thinkmoto

I never rode with Nesba, but it was my plan to ride with them before the pullout this year. I want to ride at Road America once before I die and Nesba is the only org I'd go with.

Corsair

No, probably not. I was primed and ready at the conclusion of 2011 to buy a bike, gear, and everything to do nearly the full midwest season with them this year. They pulled the plug and left me with a huge wad of cash that I spent on new hobbies and continued street riding instead of track stuff. I sort of lost interest in it altogether because I couldn't do it.

z064life

Corsair;260413 wrote: No, probably not. I was primed and ready at the conclusion of 2011 to buy a bike, gear, and everything to do nearly the full midwest season with them this year. They pulled the plug and left me with a huge wad of cash that I spent on new hobbies and continued street riding instead of track stuff. I sort of lost interest in it altogether because I couldn't do it.
There are other organizations AND a lot of really good tracks south that NESBA ran this year...as well as on the east coast.