WOW.......... Are you KIDDING ME??!!!???

beevan217

This was a first for me....:wow:

Early in the day@ NJMP Thunderbolt, there was a rider in the "B" group, not sure if he was an actual "B" rider or Intro rider but, while in turn 1 a rider crossed onto the same line as he (was still around 6-7 feet ahead of rider) & the following rider BLEW THEIR HORN!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I thought I was the only one that heard it since I was listening to music on my cell but, another person next to me heard it as well. I understand that there are people that have never been in this type of environment before but, blowing your horn on the track??? That can't be a good thing. To say the LEAST it was distracting, let alone a WTF type of moment & I wasn't even on the track!!

In defense of the horn blower though, I'm sure he was spooked because from my view, it seemed as if the horn guy thought the rider in front was closer than actually was. I still feel that is a no go type of reaction but, then again, I'm not in charge. Just posting something that gave me something to :haha: laugh at after feeling like "Did that just happen???"

:doh:

Skippii

Seems like a good way to start a fight
On the track, no horn will I use
So before going out, along with the headlight
I always remember to pull the fuse.

toptaz1000rr

lol... 8-20 there was a guy out there on a busa that never taped his tail light .. i cant tell you how distracting it wsa every damm turn id see that dumb red light ..lol

some guys..............should STAY on the street .. to protect the rest of us lol

Skippii

toptaz1000rr;11124 wrote: lol... 8-20 there was a guy out there on a busa that never taped his tail light .. i cant tell you how distracting it wsa every damm turn id see that dumb red light ..lol

some guys..............should STAY on the street .. to protect the rest of us lol
Did he forget to tech in, too?

Believe it or not there are guys that grid up for wera events that have horns on their bikes, not sure if that would scare the crap outta me but, to each his own. One guy Jig moore used to have a bell, he' used to ring it as we checked him off the grid.

? for ya though, how may of you ride with ear plugs?

toptaz1000rr

Handicapped Racer;11129 wrote: Believe it or not there are guys that grid up for wera events that have horns on their bikes, not sure if that would scare the crap outta me but, to each his own. One guy Jig moore used to have a bell, he' used to ring it as we checked him off the grid.

? for ya though, how may of you ride with ear plugs?
MP3 player... but then i have some add.. so helps me focus.. and since i am not listening for bells or horns... there is nothing i need to listen for ..lol

and i keep it low enough i can still hear you if you are trying to pass me inside or out ..lol

toptaz1000rr

Skippii;11127 wrote: Did he forget to tech in, too?
im sure it was an 'oversight'.. had had clearalternatives tail light so tech may have thought it was white tape..

but all the same .. ANNOYING..

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
toptaz1000rr;11136 wrote: MP3 player... but then i have some add.. so helps me focus.. and since i am not listening for bells or horns... there is nothing i need to listen for ..lol

and i keep it low enough i can still hear you if you are trying to pass me inside or out ..lol
MP3? i think thats against the rules, it would be a bit distracting!

toptaz1000rr;11124 wrote: lol... 8-20 there was a guy out there on a busa that never taped his tail light .. i cant tell you how distracting it wsa every damm turn id see that dumb red light ..lol

We had a guy come through tech at beaver run last year, OMG i told him to go get his money back! I wasn't passing that bike in tech. Hell he came, to Tech, with a back pack of duct tape and zip tie's. No rear tail section just bare metal exposed, leaky radiator, had the nerve to say dude it's on water! It'll dry up!

crewnutz

toptaz1000rr;11136 wrote: MP3 player... but then i have some add.. so helps me focus.. and since i am not listening for bells or horns... there is nothing i need to listen for ..lol

you seriously ride on the track with an MP3 player on?? please inform everyone in your group of what days you sign up for and remind them to stay away from you while your jamming out to n'sync

thats ridiculous

Macon663

Yea...I would not ride w/ an MP3 player. I can assure you that it is against the rules (and if its not written this year, it certainly will next year now that its been brought up).

With regard to the horn, I had mine on my rr all through my races this year. I never blarred it at anyone though. Maybe I should have.

JDog

headphones? really? maybe in B group... but come on guy, how are you going to get better with that kind of distraction.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I also seem to remember a discussion on the forum in the past and the general consensus was that no MP3 or other music headphones allowed on the track. I can understand it on the street if you're just slabbing down a straight, boring highway. But, the track? Not cool.

hank

Listening to music while riding on the track? :doh:

You are an idiot! :banghead:

Dutch - please comment about this at each and every Rider's Meeting..... :rtfm:

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
Handicapped Racer;11140 wrote: We had a guy come through tech at beaver run last year, OMG i told him to go get his money back! I wasn't passing that bike in tech. Hell he came, to Tech, with a back pack of duct tape and zip tie's. No rear tail section just bare metal exposed, leaky radiator, had the nerve to say dude it's on water! It'll dry up!
I think i know that bike. :D

Motomoon

toptaz1000rr;11124 wrote:

Should we start with people who need help focusing while on the track?