WSUP FROM SOUTHERN MD

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I am new to both. Extremely excited
Awesome! Welcome to the sport of track riding. You'll have a blast and learn a lot more than you would on the street. If you haven't already, please take time to read the Riders' Manual, which can be found on the home page by clicking the Track Days dropdown, then selecting Manuals and Forms, then N2 Riders' Manual. Tons of good info in there to ensure you, your bike, and your gear are ready.

Our Novice group includes classroom instruction. Additionally, first-time-to-the-track riders are assigned a Control Rider, usually no more than 4 riders per CR. That CR will work with the group at least until lunch, showing you the line on the track and other such skills including being smooth, proper body position. So, you're not just thrown out there to figure things out on your own!

kawijay

New to this
I do have a question.....hope you guys can help. I see that SNELL approved helmets are required but was wondering if it has to be 2010 or 2015. I am asking because I recently purchased a Bell Vortex and a Bell RS-1 on sale at revzilla, thinking they would pass tech inspection because they were SNELL approved. Are we required to buy helmets every 5 years?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I do have a question.....hope you guys can help. I see that SNELL approved helmets are required but was wondering if it has to be 2010 or 2015. I am asking because I recently purchased a Bell Vortex and a Bell RS-1 on sale at revzilla, thinking they would pass tech inspection because they were SNELL approved. Are we required to buy helmets every 5 years?
That's a great question. I don't have a definitive answer except to say that the Riders Manual doesn't specify that it must be current SNELL certification, nor does it give an age limit. We don't actually check the date of manufacture during tech. That being said, helmets, even if just stored and not used, do break down over time - the styrofoam becomes brittle. I do replace my helmet every 5 years. I wouldn't recommend wearing something that's approaching the 10 year mark, but I should think up to 7 years should be ok. If a director (or anyone else for that matter) feels differently, I hope they will chime in.

JakeSizzle

Planning on trailering a single-rail bike trailer with my 2007 ZX5 focus. The tongue weight looks doable and the bike-trailer shouldn't weigh more than 600 lbs or so. Anyone else have experience with small 2.0L cars pulling? At least it's a stick shift so I can choose my gears ;)

borislav

Control Rider
If you are looking to get older suv I would skip Ford Escrap and look into 2004 GCherokee with V8 and towing package. It comes with 45rfe trans which is used on Dodge trucks (Slow Steve has over 300K HARD miles on same trans in his truck!!!) and you can pull 5K lbs.
I tow my 6x14 enclosed trailer with it for many years.