WTB: 2 stroke or mx single type track bike

GCBC

looking for the lightest & most powerful toy I can get for a reasonable amount. An RS250, kx500 or something would be great. Has to make at least 50hp on a bad day.

No interest in any of these ninja or cbr300 type road bikes.

Im in Pittsburgh pa.

tdelegram

Control Rider
My ktm 390 makes 51 hp on mr12, 49 on pump with a good motor build, you might want to look at the “little bike class” the new ninja 400 looks like it has some potential to get to the high 40’s as well.

GCBC

thanks but It just won't be what im looking for, this is strictly for play not for building skills as the main goal so really id like something in the 75+range or have the potential to be put there like building up a kx500 motor.
My ktm 390 makes 51 hp on mr12, 49 on pump with a good motor build, you might want to look at the “little bike class” the new ninja 400 looks like it has some potential to get to the high 40’s as well.

tdelegram

Control Rider
thanks but It just won't be what im looking for, this is strictly for play not for building skills as the main goal so really id like something in the 75+range or have the potential to be put there like building up a kx500 motor.
A kx500 stock was about 50 hp modern 450’s are in the low to mid 60’s stock, if you’re truly looking for 75 hp the ktm 690 single should get you there or wait for their new parallel twin which is suppose to be 75 hp bone stock and will have a bolt on turnkey track system from ktm. Other alternatives would be sv650’s. I think the Aprilia rs250’s were in the mid 60’s but need regular maintenance and tuning for optimal performance, including jetting for air temp, depending on how much and hard you ride it one or more top ends a year and guessing on a bottom end for every 3 to 4 top ends. I am not try to shit on your idea’s just getting you as much info as I have so you don’t get sucked into something you don’t want. Just as a side note I wasn’t offering to sell my 390, just lettting you know that they can make some hp. I think your best bet is an SV650 as they are abundant in race form and parts are everywhere.

timmgold

A kx500 stock was about 50 hp modern 450’s are in the low to mid 60’s stock, if you’re truly looking for 75 hp the ktm 690 single should get you there or wait for their new parallel twin which is suppose to be 75 hp bone stock and will have a bolt on turnkey track system from ktm. Other alternatives would be sv650’s. I think the Aprilia rs250’s were in the mid 60’s but need regular maintenance and tuning for optimal performance, including jetting for air temp, depending on how much and hard you ride it one or more top ends a year and guessing on a bottom end for every 3 to 4 top ends. I am not try to shit on your idea’s just getting you as much info as I have so you don’t get sucked into something you don’t want. Just as a side note I wasn’t offering to sell my 390, just lettting you know that they can make some hp. I think your best bet is an SV650 as they are abundant in race form and parts are everywhere.

Aprilia RS250's arent that maintenance intensive and they don't need to be jetted on the ragged edge to be competetive. The engine is actually a rebadged Suzuki streetbike engine so it's not really that high-strung. If you're going through 1 or more top ends a year with one, you're doing it wrong. Two strokes are far easier and less expensive to rebuild than four strokes anyway. The RS250 may only have around 60hp but it is far more agile than an SV and that can make up for a lot. Don't get me wrong on the SV either, They are great bikes and very inexpensive to race. The nice thing about an SV is if you blow it up you can buy a whole engine for $500 and just swap it out.

GCBC

My MV 675 I’m building up should be under 365 fully wet as some people are in the 350 Range no problem. While making near 140wheel on mr12.
This whole thing came about after seeing a gp450 on YouTube from a motocross bike other than I think it’s underpowered for my wants. A 250lbs wet bike would be the target. The RC390 before it’s done would end up costing more than an rs250 anyways. Maintenance intensity is not a concern.

This guy just wants something super exotic fun and reasonably affordable. Under 10k for sure. Hell, an r6 w a built banshee motor swap would do the trick