WTB:entry level track bike

HokieRider

Im in the market for a track bike!

Im looking for somthing along the lines of an R6 or SV650 or something else of that caliber. I dont want to spend more than about $2500. Id also like the bike to be fuel injected, but if the price is right carb will do.

Thanks guys

Gorecki

HokieRider;239198 wrote: Im in the market for a track bike!

Im looking for somthing along the lines of an R6 or SV650 or something else of that caliber. I dont want to spend more than about $2500. Id also like the bike to be fuel injected, but if the price is right carb will do.

Thanks guys
Dude, I've seen you eyeballing the 02 R6, really not sure why you don't just jump on it, from the looks of things its exactly what you're asking for. Hell the shock alone is likely worth have the price of the bike. It has a good amount of track ready bits already on it and unless you get a brand spanking new machine, you're going to have some things to do, even then you'll still have some things to do!

Regardless, what you will certainly discover in this process is unless somehow you can find a perfectly tuned and maintained machine that is totally 'ready' (which I haven't seen yet for this sort of price range) you will have things to do that will end up costing you and continue to participate will cost you.

Gorecki;239222 wrote: Dude, I've seen you eyeballing the 02 R6, really not sure why you don't just jump on it, from the looks of things its exactly what you're asking for. Hell the shock alone is likely worth have the price of the bike. It has a good amount of track ready bits already on it and unless you get a brand spanking new machine, you're going to have some things to do, even then you'll still have some things to do!

Regardless, what you will certainly discover in this process is unless somehow you can find a perfectly tuned and maintained machine that is totally 'ready' (which I haven't seen yet for this sort of price range) you will have things to do that will end up costing you and continue to participate will cost you.

Gorecki is spot on. For that price, you will be dealing with an SV650 that is carb'd. Most SV guys have raced them so some my need a little TLC.

I wouldn't limit your purchase to a certian dollar amount, rather a ballpark. If you don't know what you're looking at/for then take Gorecki or someone who knows what you REALLY need not REALLY want.

HokieRider

definately good advice, that R6 is on my list.

thanks a lot, i will let you know when i finally pull the trigger

Gorecki

jfeagin;239392 wrote: Indeed, I have two spares. If Steve doesn't want both of them, drop me a line.
I've been think about a science project for educational purposes and don't expect to actually use it. So if I can get my ducks that far down the road, I'll be in touch. :cool:

Gorecki

Congrats, just don't sleep with it k? :D

Makes me think of a proverb, same thing I told my middle kid when she got her first bike.

You may love your wife, and probably loves you. You can do her wrong and she might forgive you.

You may love your bike, but it doesn't love you and if you do it wrong, the bitch WILL try to kill you.
:cool:

HokieRider

I will be there in 2 weeks, but i wont be on the R6...its not even close to being streetable. And my gf wants to come and the Buell has 2, very comfortable, seats