WTB: Looking or budget track bike or potential track bike.

lowcel

I am looking for a budget track bike to get started. I would love to have one ready to take to the track but I’m fine with buying a bike that could use a little work. Only real requirements are that it be in the 600 class, fuel injected, runs well and everything is straight (wheels, suspension, frame, etc).

I am fine with doing some body work and bolt ons but I am no mechanic. Please let me know what you have to offer and the price. I realize I am looking in a low range but I have seen a few in this price range, problem is that most of them are pretty far away from me.

Feel free to let me know what you have through here or via text at 3 zero 4 – 3 eight 9 – two 9 four 9

I am looking in the $2,000 ish range and I am located in Charleston, WV and would like to keep the drive somewhat reasonable unless it is just a deal that is too good to pass up.

lowcel

uqana4y9.jpg

aqeje6er.jpg

bluers

That was fast! Check the bike over during the winter and get ready for the addiction come spring!

lowcel

Yep. I'll give it a good look over in the next couple of weeks. One thing I have to do over the weekend is put some antifreeze in it. After that I can take my time.

Quickone4u

Don't know how well you checked the bike before purchasing but, if the bike doesn't have antifreeze in it you may want to look for damage that goes along with one freezing up. I'm just 45 mins south of Lynchburg and we have had temps plenty cold enough for the last couple weeks to freeze things up solid if that bike wasn't stored dry or inside. Just a heads up anyway as those kinds of troubles are no fun!

lowcel

WTB: Looking or budget track bike or potential track bike.

He had it in a nice heated building / garage with five or six supermotos and some other bikes that he races. It should be fine.

He used to race NESBA and did pretty well at it. Do you know Mike Davis?

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
lowcel;295594 wrote:

He used to race NESBA and did pretty well at it.
:dunno:

Two years riding with NESBA and I ain't got a damn trophy yet? Anyone else with me on this? :)

Quickone4u

Otto Man;295596 wrote: :dunno:

Two years riding with NESBA and I ain't got a damn trophy yet? Anyone else with me on this? :)
I knew I needed to start doing more days! :first:

To the OP, no idea who that is but I haven't been on track like I've wanted in the past couple years either. Hoping to change that this year.

lowcel

Quickone4u;295597 wrote: I knew I needed to start doing more days! :first:

To the OP, no idea who that is but I haven't been on track like I've wanted in the past couple years either. Hoping to change that this year.
He now races super moto with his son, said he will be back on sport bikes in 3 years when his son is old enough to get on a track with one.

Quickone4u

lowcel;295607 wrote: I guess I misunderstood. Maybe it was WERA? Keep in mind I'm very new to all of this.
No worries man! There have been people that talk about Nesba as if it were a race org or they treat it as racing. Neither of which it is or should be done. Great track day org but don't treat it as racing when you get out there. We were just kidding around a little and mean nothing towards you. It's just funny to hear sometimes! Welcome to the group! Nothing like hitting the track and once you do, good luck getting away from it :popcorn:

lowcel

Quickone4u;295611 wrote: No worries man! There have been people that talk about Nesba as if it were a race org or they treat it as racing. Neither of which it is or should be done. Great track day org but don't treat it as racing when you get out there. We were just kidding around a little and mean nothing towards you. It's just funny to hear sometimes! Welcome to the group! Nothing like hitting the track and once you do, good luck getting away from it :popcorn:
I have no delusions of thinking I am going to be racing, I just didn't know if the organization also had races. I have a lot to learn, that is why I am here. You have no idea how much time I spent explaining to my wife that I have no intentions of racing, I just want as safe of an environment as possible to get better on my motorcycle. I am competitive in nature but mostly with myself. I want to get better every time I do something. That is why I want to do track days, I want to get better and someone teach me how to replace my bad habits with good habits.

Also, I don't take many things personal. I'm pretty easy going.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
lowcel;295613 wrote: I have no delusions of thinking I am going to be racing, I just didn't know if the organization also had races. I have a lot to learn, that is why I am here. You have no idea how much time I spent explaining to my wife that I have no intentions of racing, I just want as safe of an environment as possible to get better on my motorcycle. I am competitive in nature but mostly with myself. I want to get better every time I do something. That is why I want to do track days, I want to get better and someone teach me how to replace my bad habits with good habits.

Good luck convincing your family and friends that you aren't actually racing.

"But...but...you got numbers on your bike and shit, right? And you're riding out on a race track with others? With numbers on your bike? And you're not racing?"

You'll want to face palm every time the topic comes up.

Quickone4u

lowcel;295613 wrote: I have no delusions of thinking I am going to be racing, I just didn't know if the organization also had races. I have a lot to learn, that is why I am here. You have no idea how much time I spent explaining to my wife that I have no intentions of racing, I just want as safe of an environment as possible to get better on my motorcycle. I am competitive in nature but mostly with myself. I want to get better every time I do something. That is why I want to do track days, I want to get better and someone teach me how to replace my bad habits with good habits.

Great attitude to have and way to look at things. Nesba is a great place for learning as there is a large knowledge base both here on the forum and at the track in the form of other riders and the CR's. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have at anytime. The problem I had/have was not so much getting my wife to go along with the track day thing but to go along with continuing to do more and more of them :spank: This year I not only want to do more track days but would love to get my license and race a time or two. This will probably result in many....:spank::spank::spank::spank::spank: