WTB Used rear slick!!

macomber3

I am lookin to buy a rear used rack slick, was hoping michelin but will take anything.. Wantng to try and keep it cheap. I am using the tire to make a clock for a school project.. Please help, just want the tire to have decent tread, (no wires showing)...
Thanks

Meat

You should be able to get a used slick for free at a track day without much problem at all.

gkotlin

There is a pile next to my garage next time you drive through Illinois, you can take as many as you like.

macomber3

Meat;146722 wrote: You should be able to get a used slick for free at a track day without much problem at all.
my only problem is living in iowa the closest track is 4hrs plus and i did my track days this yr, short on money at the moment.. But thanks for all the help so far

Matt

gkotlin;146750 wrote: There is a pile next to my garage next time you drive through Illinois, you can take as many as you like.

same here, but in milwaukee.

xlink

"You might be a redneck, if you can't force yourself to throw away a tire!" :)

I saw that somewhere...

Shannon

Yeah, I've got one. What's your address so i can get a shipping cost. Do you care how it's shipped or do you need it by a specific day?

BigKid

Just curious if you got your slick yet, I have a AMA Fast by Ferachi team slick that is brand new. It is about 7-8 years old and hard as a rock. I have been planning on donating it to Barber Museum next time I make it to Barber. thought it would be good on one of their vintage restorations. Let me know if you are interested.

PS is anyone knows anyone at Barber Museum, wanna ask them if they would be interested in a donation like this. Im sure vintage AMA tires brand new have to be hard to come by.