Yellow R1 in pit lane???

joeyb

Anyone know if the guy riding the Yellow R1 that endo'd into the back of the ninja on pit road is OK? I was behind them when it happened, man was that scary and looked extremely painful!!!
Also the RC51, number 343 I think went down in front of me later on in the day, ran off the track at the south bend into the grass and lowsided, hope you guys are ok, started to feel like I was a jinx to anyone riding in front of me :doh:

Jonny

I spoke to who I assume was his daughter who came down to help the guy's wife get there stuff together an back home. She said he broke his pelvis, bruised his spine (I didn't know that was possible but I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night either), and had a concussion. She seemed to think that he was doing well considering. Hope he still is. I saw it happen and it was ugly.

AU_R1

From how it looked riding by I am pretty glad to hear he is doing as well as he is, I was shocked to see him standing after they got his leg out. I fully expected a compound fracture, but a broken pelvis does sound like the end of a season. :(

joeyb

Wow!!! I thought his knee or femur would have been busted up, not his pelvis from the way his leg was stuck in there. That sucks man, he wasn't making much noise while laying on the ground waiting patiently for us to extract him from the bike. I guess he was in shock, but I would have been screamin like a little bitch if it was me and all that happened. I don't know your name dude, but hope you get better soon!!!