Yet Another New Member

mgsst23

Hi, I’m Meredith from SW Pa as well.
Have been riding off and on for a number of years. But want to improve myself on the street via learning on the track. The need for urban defensive maneuvers around here has hit situation Critical since the recent opening of a Whole Foods nearby me. And our deer culls haven’t amounted to much, other than a bunch of neighbors protesting. So I’m not looking to go fast just to learn control and avoidance. And have real fun!!! Fun that also helps me learn how to adjust a line mid corner. So as to avoid a fracking sand pile such that I’ve found on the WVa roads I use to escape the Thunderdome of Socxer Moms!!!

Help! I’ll be slow Very Slow. And covered in Armor. And riding a highly recommended Suzuki SV650sf I bought just to do this. My VFR is too loved and too full of fairings. But if you ever see a Red VFR around Oglebay stop me and I’ll show you some roads!!!!

Hope to have a great summer with all of you!

Attachments

• FB560C3B-4C5E-4B27-B892-39B302BB1DC3.jpeg
    FB560C3B-4C5E-4B27-B892-39B302BB1DC3.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 24

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Meredith! You've come to the right place to get training on the track that will translate to improved skills on the street! And, you'll meet a bunch of awesome people and have a ton of fun. If you haven't already, check out our Riders' Manual http://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/N2-Riders-Manual-Ver.-2.0.1.pdf
We have classroom sessions for our Novice group, and new-to-the-track riders are assigned a control rider for at least the morning sessions, with usually no more that 4 riders per control rider, so you won't be thrown out there with no instruction.

Ask away if you have other questions. It's going to be a long winter. See you in the summer!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard Meridith, as Judy and Miciah have said this is the right place for you. I hit up your street riding area fairly regularly on my road king. Route 250 used to be great south of wheeling too but too much oil and gas heavy trucking has really made the road deteriorate.

As stated above feel free to post up questions and if you need help at any of the events I am usually there, look for the toy hauler with a black f350 up front and a ktm canopy at the rear with a couple of ktm’s resting under the canopy.

Tom

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Hi Meredith! Based on the "Whole Foods" comment, I'm guessing you're in the south hills? Welcome to N2. I'm in the South Hills myself - so please don't be reluctant to reach out prior to your first weekend with us. I'd be happy to help you make sure you have everything ready to go and know what to expect, so that your weekend can be filled with max enjoyment.

Bill

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Welcome! I highly suggest you take the Advanced Training Course (ATP). It'll teach you everything you mentioned above at higher detail than what we normally teach during a trackday. You'll also have a lot more 1:1 with a Control rider who is highly likely to also coach with Yamaha Champions Riding School (YCRS) one of the best schools in the country.
You can find more info on the ATP program here---> https://www.n2td.org/atp/

Louber

Welcome Aboard! There is a solid Pittsburgh area crowd on here. We're lucky to have PittRace so close. There are a bunch of PIRC dates on the 2018 calendar locally!

N2 is a fantastic organization and very accessible and friendly to those new to the track. This forum is a great resource too. Your SV will be a hoot on track for sure.

WV-88 past Oglebay is a lovely ride!

bmart

Control Rider
Excellent! Welcome to N2. You're going to love it. An SV is a super bike to solidify the basics on and great platform to build advanced skills on.

Shaun Kanouff

Hi Meredith,
I am a newbie when it comes to track days as well and don't have as much riding experience as you may or probably 99% of the people on this board! Glad to see someone else new and I will be riding PittRace at least once hopefully more this season. If ya wanna say hi or need someone to talk to I will be the lost guy next to the black CBR with probably minimal things in the way of a pit haha!