Your opinion on Pirelli Diablo superbike pro

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agree with Vin.

I think those Superbike Pros are designed to work fine without warmers, but check with Collin to be sure.

As far as the Q2s...street tires aren't susceptible to heat cycles, so you're fine there. I'd be more concerned about the age, since Q3s have been out for quite some time. How old are they? Can you still stick a fingernail in them? If so, they should be fine for a couple of Intro sessions.

Just my thoughts...

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Agree with Vin.

I think those Superbike Pros are designed to work fine without warmers, but check with Collin to be sure.

As far as the Q2s...street tires aren't susceptible to heat cycles, so you're fine there. I'd be more concerned about the age, since Q3s have been out for quite some time. How old are they? Can you still stick a fingernail in them? If so, they should be fine for a couple of Intro sessions.

Just my thoughts...
I will check with Collin to sure. As for the age of the Q2s they been on the bike for 15 months, but I don't know how long they were on the shelf before that. I think there is a code on all tires that will give you the week and the year of manufacture, but I don't know how to read it. Guess I should ask Collin about that too.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
These tires were advertised to not need warmers. I ran them on many occasions without warmers and had really good success. As with any tire you run without warmers, you need to give them time to warm up when you go out on track. At least one full lap, maybe two, to get the temp up and then game on! I run my Superbike Slicks without warmers on a regular basis when I am a CR in Novice. We never really get going fast enough to get the proper amount of heat into them anyway. Here are the rules I follow:

No warmers = 1-2 laps at 80%, then 100%
Warmers = Turn 1 100%

With that philosophy, I get the same wear out of my tires whether I run the warmers or not.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
As for the age of the Q2s they been on the bike for 15 months, but I don't know how long they were on the shelf before that. I think there is a code on all tires that will give you the week and the year of manufacture, but I don't know how to read it.
Look on the sidewall of the tire. There will be a series of 4 digits. For example: 2612. That would mean the tire was manufactured in the 26th week of the year 2012.

I don't like to run tires much more than 5 years old, but again, for a couple of Intro sessions, they should be fine. I err on the side of conservative on this; I'm sure many, many other folks will run tires older than 5 years! See if they're still soft by sticking your thumbnail in them! :)

These tires were advertised to not need warmers. I ran them on many occasions without warmers and had really good success. As with any tire you run without warmers, you need to give them time to warm up when you go out on track. At least one full lap, maybe two, to get the temp up and then game on! I run my Superbike Slicks without warmers on a regular basis when I am a CR in Novice. We never really get going fast enough to get the proper amount of heat into them anyway. Here are the rules I follow:

No warmers = 1-2 laps at 80%, then 100%
Warmers = Turn 1 100%

With that philosophy, I get the same wear out of my tires whether I run the warmers or not.
I take the first 2 laps of every session just to get my mind right. I would do this even if I had warmers.

Look on the sidewall of the tire. There will be a series of 4 digits. For example: 2612. That would mean the tire was manufactured in the 26th week of the year 2012.

I don't like to run tires much more than 5 years old, but again, for a couple of Intro sessions, they should be fine. I err on the side of conservative on this; I'm sure many, many other folks will run tires older than 5 years! See if they're still soft by sticking your thumbnail in them! :)
Thanks I will take a look at the code AND try the the nail test.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Mike I would post up a picture of the Q3 in question. A picture is worth a thousand words! As far as age, I don't think the Q3's have been out for that long (3 years or so?) I think you'd be fine regarding the age, but it never hurts to check the date stamp on the tire. I'd also agree with Jim, if you're riding in the novice class, I wouldn't even bother with warmers for the superbike pro's.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mike I would post up a picture of the Q3 in question. A picture is worth a thousand words! As far as age, I don't think the Q3's have been out for that long (3 years or so?) I think you'd be fine regarding the age, but it never hurts to check the date stamp on the tire.
I thought he said they were Q2s, which is why I questioned the age...

The tires in question are Q2s. That is why age is a concern. I wish I could post a picture of the tires but I dropped the bike off at the shop to get its valves adjusted. I probably won't be in the novice class much longer. I was offered an assessment while at Barber at the end of the season to move up to intermediate class but I turned it down because I am building a track only bike over the winter and I want to be comfortable with it before I move up.