Recent content by FunFred

1. FunFred

Chain irregularities..

:D Glad you worked it out. I had that happen to me decades ago but the details are fuzzy...
  2. FunFred

Chain irregularities..

If no apparent support issues arise with the shoulder being on the engine side, it can't hurt to see how things line up.
  3. FunFred

2013 Honda 1000rr w/ HRC bits

Text sent.
  4. FunFred

Am I fooling myself?

If it makes ya feel any better, look at pics from the earlier superbike days...
  5. FunFred

Re-livin' the days...

Yeah, definitely. It never quite felt right...and it's been a few years...kinda slowed me down. They used mesh, told me that was the way it was done, but that's not the way I wanted it done. Goin' to Canada for this fix...they'll do it the way I want it...stitched. Likely gonna be a job rippin'...
  6. FunFred

Chain irregularities..

Are the sprockets and chain guide in line with each other? If you've done a conversion to 520 or something other than OEM, likely the sprockets have an offset to one side. Could it be that the chain is trying to ride in the guide but a misalignment wants to pull it out of the guide? Even if...
  7. FunFred

Re-livin' the days...

Hey, Judy! Longtime... Well, NYST was a bust for me. First lap, T3, previously repaired hernia, or a new one, rears it's head and "bam", I'm in pain...couldn't get my head right for the remainder of the session. Struggled a little after the session to regain my physical composure, but I do...
  8. FunFred

RV owners - when do you decide to upgrade?

HA. Yeah, it's just like tools from a box store, right? Look good 'til ya use 'em... We have a camper that developed a roof leak. Since we hardly used the thing, the damage was extensive before discovered, nearly totaled the thing and, no, insurance didn't cover it...called it normal...
  9. FunFred

Good to know. Thanks. I suspect the interior issues are a result of the 2x2 wall framing. Any idea how many road miles before issues arose?
  10. FunFred

Re-livin' the days...

FWIW and if I'm not mistaken, at the Sep 5 NJMP partnered event, N2 ran the show, EvolveGT provided manpower where needed. Everything appeared to go smoothly from my "outside" perspective. I expect their efforts this coming weekend will be of the same quality... :like:
  11. FunFred

Re-livin' the days...

I've yet to ride Downtown...but, hey, add another track to the list, right? My concern was whether my tire would make it through two days of right-handers. Found out tires will be available so, no worries. ;)
  12. FunFred

I've seen 'em up close, in and out, and seen their website's depiction of construction method, etc. I'd have to agree that it's an entry level but, for the money, it seemed a bit more than just entry/inexpensive. How's it holding up?
  13. FunFred

Palomino Puma Unleashed fifth wheels are on the lightest side of the fifth wheel toy haulers. Could be had for upper-mid $30k, new. I've been eyein' the 351THSS for some time now... If your truck can tow 14K, you'll be good. The rig empty is @ 9.5K. Most fifth wheel toy haulers I've found start...
  14. FunFred

WTB: '12+ CBR1000RR wheels, f/r.

Cosmetic damage acceptable. Bearings, rotors, spacers and sprocket carrier a plus.
  15. FunFred

Re-livin' the days...

Hey, all. Used to be a big-time trackday guy 14-15 years ago with Reduc and cornerworkin' for CSS, then racing happened. Hung up my leathers in '06, picked 'em up again in '12 to, again, cornerwork for CSS. During registration as a new member and for an upcoming event, N2 had my info from...