04 GSX-R 750 - Left exhaust plug in.....

jbaugh

I went down to visit my bike in storage a couple days ago, and started it with the exhaust plug in -_-.... Pulled the clutch lever in and fired it up, bike started right away (very quitely), let the clutch out and the bike's idle immediately became weak and the engine died (bike is in neuteral). Over that span the bike probably idled for a total of 10-15 seconds.

I tried to start the bike again (with the plug out), and it would not fire up and hold an idle. It's turning over but not starting. If you give it a little throttle right when it sounds like it is about to fire up, it will rev-up, and sound fine through the rev, but die immediately (which tells me it's not the spark plugs or battery).

Any ideas as to what the issue might be? Hoping starting the bike with the plug in didn't FUBAR anything internally. I would think the exhaust pressure would blow the plug out before causing harm to any of the valving or anything....

Things I know:
1) The clutch was nearing the end of its lifespan. It did not reach its friction point until the end of the lever's travel and the dial adjuster thingy is the whole way out.

2) Bike has been sitting for about 3 months in an unheated garage. Ran fine with no issues prior to storage.

Thanks for the input ahead of time.