06 GSXR 750, issues...

JVance

I have this 06 750 that I bought with a total loss title to race in 2008. It had about 7K miles on it then. I raced it in 2008, a few races in 2009, a few track days here and there until I started control riding in 2012 and half of 2013, The bike now has 16K miles. About mid 2013 a shaft broke in the transmission. I ebayed a transmission for cheap and swapped out the broken shaft and gear set with the ebayed shaft. I think where I messed up was that I should have replaced both shafts and all gears BUT I didn't. Once back together the transmission is making some noise. Bike runs and shifts through all gears just fine but there is something in there doing some clacking. I am looking to sell or part out. Anyone here interested in a project bike or a complete set of spares for an 06/07 600/750? I am looking to get $2500 for the bike as a whole or I will start parting it out. Title is "Total Loss Claim" which is in my name and clear of any liens so it is completely transferable. Race bodywork available.

Bike is in Mebane NC. If interested email jvance7@triad.rr.com.

John

physicistkev

Control Rider
Hey John. If you part it out I would like first crack at the swingarm (if both spool tabs are still there) and the wheels. Just drop me a line.

Thanks,

Kevin

JVance

One spool tabs is broken off the swingarm. You've got dibs on the wheels. You need or want a Power commander and or one of those bazazz zbomb retard timing thingamajigs?

physicistkev

Control Rider
Got a pc3 already. No idea what the zbomb thingy is? You going to barber? I'm planning on being there as long as the weather is good.