Dyno'd @78 hp before intalling BMC filter
2mm JE hi compression pistons (677cc)
Cam swap mod
Spears cylinder stud kit
Factory Jet kit
BMC race filter
Mild intake port cleanup
M4 exhaust
Super light 2.5lb ignition rotor & starter sprag - Retains charging with special hi temp neodymium magnets
Barnett Clutch
Woodcraft billet clutch cover
Race wiring harness (no electrical components located in the subframe)
Li Fe 8 cell battery relocated beside the engine
MOSFET voltage regulator conversion
Keyless start (operated by kill switch)

Chassis:
Lightweight modular aluminum subframe
NHK adjustable steering damper
Woodcraft rearsets with folding shift lever and custom folding brake lever
Shorty front brake lever
EBC pads - All the brakes you’d ever want and they’ll last a couple of seasons
Stainless brake lines
Aluminum fairing stay
5.5” Marvic Penta magnesium rear wheel with TGR drive cushions
Airtech Aprilia RS250 upper
Custom belly pan
Sharkskinz supersport tail
Cut-down stock seat and full thickness seat
Frame savers
Swing arm savers/spools
Custom 5 gallon tank with dry break (available)
Custom lightweight rear tank mount
Upper triple custom machined for proper ride height
Custom captive rear caliper mount- eliminates torque arm and makes wheel changes super easy & quick
Mychron 2 dash
520 chain and sprocket conversion 15 & 16 tooth front / 45 & 47 rear
Pirelli Supercorsas 120/180 with plenty of life left
Crash spares. levers, bars, etc

This bike has been an awesome racebike for me, one of the best I've owned (and I've owned a bunch) and I'd keep it around if I could afford two racebikes. However, I've wanted a 250 gp bike as long as I've been racing so I'm selling it to make room for a two-smoker.

Complete spare low mileage engine and other engine spares available

email: timmgold AT yahoo dot com or call: seven one six 706 - Eight six two five

Located near Buffalo, NY

DSCF3022.jpg

DSCF3024.jpg

SVBeaverun091111.jpg

dbakerpa;223785 wrote: I wish you were closer I would stop my build and buy that bad boy.
Slowsteve and I are trailering to fayetteville, NC next week. I'm sure we have room for one more bike. If you did the deal and can make it to Fayetteville, and the bike gets delivered to us in MD, your distance problem is solved.

dbakerpa

Streetfighter122;224268 wrote: Slowsteve and I are trailering to fayetteville, NC next week. I'm sure we have room for one more bike. If you did the deal and can make it to Fayetteville, and the bike gets delivered to us in MD, your distance problem is solved.
Got 1500 in my SS rebuild already. The boat has left on the funds for new bikes. I guess I will wait till next year for a superbike build.

timmgold

Streetfighter122;224268 wrote: Slowsteve and I are trailering to fayetteville, NC next week. I'm sure we have room for one more bike. If you did the deal and can make it to Fayetteville, and the bike gets delivered to us in MD, your distance problem is solved.
Thanks for volunteering to help out!

timmgold

dbakerpa;224551 wrote: No doubt about that forgive my manners. Bump to top.
Wasn't calling you out.... I meant: Thanks for volunteering to help! Interesting what a difference one letter makes :eek:

timmgold

Bump to 1st page... I'll lower the price a bit if a buyer doesn't want the endurance tank. I'm looking at a few different bikes, but I'm not pulling the trigger on anything till I sell the SV.

timmgold

Have a stock (non- Dry Break) fuel tank on the way. Price will be $3200 without the dry break option. I'll take another $400.00 off the price if the buyer wants the stock rear wheel setup instead of the Marvic.

timmgold

I've had some people ask about the history of the bike, So here's a copy of the email I sent out:

History of the bike? Pull up a chair......

A little history on me first: I started roadracing over 25 years ago with several years of motocross under my belt before that. I worked on helicopters in the Army, and went to college and earned an FAA Airframe and Powerplant mechanic's license. I became a manufacturing engineer a few years after that, so I guess I could say I'm fairly mechanically inclined. I do almost everything myself on my bikes.

About the bike:
I bought it about 6 years ago from a guy who just did trackdays with it. He basically put an M4 full exhaust, Sharkskinz bodywork and Woodcraft rearsets on it and ran it with the suspension stock. The first modification I did when was to put a Penske shock on it and install Racetech gold valves in the fork. I rode it that way for about a season and then I decided to put a complete 2004 GSXR600 front end on it. Because the GSXR forks are shorter than the stock forks, I modified the upper triple clamp to allow me to get the ride height back to where I had it set with the stock forks. I've run this same setup since then with no issues. About the same time I put the front end on the bike, I ran into an issue with a popped freeze plug in the front cylinder head, so I decided to do some motor work while I was replacing the cylinder head. I put in some 2mm over High compressions from JE, and the did the very popular "SV cam swap" where you replace the exhaust cams with a second set of stock intake cams to get a few horsepower,. While building my motor I bought some parts from Gregg Spears of Spears Enterprises. He is a very knowledgeable and helpful resource, and I highly recommend him if you are looking for advice on SV engine building or tuning (By the way, whether or not you buy my SV, I'll be glad to answer any questions that you have, and if you're close enough, I'll do a trackday with you to make sure you get started off right with it.) On Gregg's advice I replaced the stock cylinder bolts with his more robust cylinder stud kit. I also bought & installed the proper thickness cylinder head gasket to manitain the correct deck height for the pistons, and performed his engine break-in instructions to the letter. I dynoed the bike and adjusted the jetting which resulted in 78hp. Later, I installed a BMC race filter. I ran an entire endurance season with that setup and it worked great. (we won the Fasttrax lightweight endurance championship for 2008). During that season, I did numerous small modifications to remove weight or improve the function of various parts. Among them would be, installing a folding shift lever, building a custom folding rear brake lever and making a shorty front brake lever by cutting a section out of the middle and welding the ball end back on ( just as effective as buying a $100.00 lever, but about $80.00 chraper. Many of these modifications were to improve the durability and crashworthiness of the bike because even a minute spent in the pits repairing something as simple as a broken lever can easily cost a team a win. I've done lots of mods to make the bike lighter such as removing various unnecessary brackets and wiring. We ran the entire 2008 season (around 2500-3000 race miles) with out a single engine problem. After the race season, I went down to Barber Motorsports Park to do a trackday and the end of the crank broke at the beginning of the second day. This can be an issue with the SV because the ignition rotor/alternator & starter sprag weight over 5 pounds and it's all hanging off te end of the crank. So I replaced the crank. To make sure that this wouldn't be an issue again, I removed all the alternator magnets and machined off a significant amount of material from the assembly. I then installed some special hi temperature resistant neodymium magnets to retain charging capability. These magnets are much more powerful that the stock magnets and they are much smaller. The result was that the whole assembly weighs slightly more than 2.5 lbs. It actually weighs less that some rotors that have all of the magnets removed and don't have any charging capability. I'm reasonably certain it's the only one (or one of a few) one in the world with the rare earth magnets. Anyway, saving 2.5 lbs off the end of the crank takes a huge amount of stress off, so it's a big deal for improving durability. (several guys on SVrider have asked me if I would make a similar rotor for them, but it involves a heck of a lot of setup and machining time, so I think few people would be willing to pay in the neighborhood of $400.00 for it)
At that time, I also had the cylinders honed and installed new piston rings and reshimmed the valves. About the same time, I bought and installed a 5.5" wide Marvic magnesium wheel. I did so mainly because I wanted to get the proper width rim for the Bridgestone 250GP slicks that we were already using on the stock rims, but the bonus is a significant weight savings and a much wider tire selection to choose from. Another weight savings is the custom machined subfame and rear tank mount. I also relocated the electronics to further reduce wire length & weight along with installing a 1.6lb LiFe Po battery.
SV's are known to have a diode type voltage regulator that can fail and result in overcharging, so I purchased MOSFET type regulator and installed it.
I'm sure there is more I can tell you, but I have to get back to work. However, I can say without bias that the SV is a very reliable and very fun track bike. Basically gas and go. You won't need to do a lot of maintenance other than the basic oil changes and checking the valves in the off season. I do run premium pump gas due to the high compression, but it works fine. It's very easy on tires as well.
After the 2008 season I did 3 or 4 race weekends in 2009 and then I took a over a year off and didn't race again till this year. I did a few track days and sprints with two 3Hr endurance races and that's about it, so the motor should be in good shape.