2001 Yamaha R6 - Iowa

phoenix

2001 Yamaha R6 - sold

This was my toy, my trackbike for the past year. It comes with a bill of sale only, it can not be registered for street use. The bike is modified a little from stock, including
stainless steel brake lines up front and some racing brake pads
frame sliders
Stompgrip added to the tank
Woodcraft clip-ons
Yoshimura exhaust
420 chain conversion
1.0k springs in the front

The rear tire has half a day of track sessions on it. I think the front needs to be replaced before it goes on the track again despite the fact that there's still plenty of tread on it. Mileage is ~15,600. I replaced the battery this summer. It probably needs fresh plugs and fluids also before the next trackday / race which I assume most people would do anyway. I had 2 slow speed lowsides this year with it. A few years ago the bike was totalled out from a front end collision but the front forks were replaced by a previous owner (and I have the old parts). Also comes with a thick service manual. Forks were rebuilt this summer with fresh bearings and seals.

R6_a.jpg

I have a trailer I'm looking to sell off, it could go with the bike. Otherwise I would be asking $350. Harbor Frieght 4x8 fold up, new in 2008, 12" wheels, plywood, tie downs, front wheel chock and even an aluminum loading ramp.

STP60570.jpg