2004 GSXR 750

JIM427

Looking for any race parts that will fit a 2004-2005 GSXR 750. Looking for any Ohlins suspension, slipper clutch, quick shifter etc. I know it is a dinosaur, just trying to convert it to a track bike. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

avizpls

#11-A
What makes it tough, as you know, is that it is a ephemeral dinosaur as well, having only been in production for two years. The aftermarket support was never really there, even in its time. You should be able to do quickshifter and rearsets pretty easily. Forks, I'd suggest a racetech build.

JIM427

Thanks for the input, I'll reach out to Racetech for the forks. The Ohlins SU 347 for the rear is discontinued and I can't seem to locate a used one for sale. I think I will have the stock shock rebuilt and re-valved for the track.

JIM427

I'VE tried WERA, Ebay, Kijiji looking for a used shock with no luck. The only ones I can find are new and coming from Italy at a crazy price.

bmart

Control Rider
Shocks have gotten crazy expensive and used would be cheaper. Still, any shock maker can likely build you one, if you want it that bad. Try Thermosman? He's done magic for me more than once. Also, you can find what other shock bodies may work, with the addition/swap of the two mounts.

On my '07 seven fitty...I used the stock shock with great results.

JIM427

Emailed Mike @ Thermosman about building a shock and he got right back to me the following day. Unfortunately a shock ends up being $2100.00 (Canadian currency) which is crazy for this old sled. I am going to have the stock shock rebuilt and re-valved and work on improving the rider's skills. Thanks for the advice again.