2008 Ducati Hypermotard - Central Indiana

Hyper

Apr 12, 2010
2008 Ducati Hypermotard $8350 Very well taken care of and in excellent condition with just a few normal wear scuffs and scratches. 9800 miles. Numerous upgrades and all servicing is up to date.

Termignoni 2-1 exhaust with Ducati Performance ECU
Ducati Performance Race Seat
DP Mirrors
DP Heated Grips
ZETA Bar and handguards
Almost new Continental tires

Can be reached via email jfboothe @ gmail.com or pm and I will get right back to you. I am selling to find me a more track oriented bike. I would like to find a good deal on a track/street 748 or 749 in the 5-6k range so I can have some cash left over for upgrades/tires/track days so I am willing to consider trades for one of those.

ED2E7800sm.JPG

ED2E7803sm.JPG

ED2E7804sm.JPG

ED2E7806.JPG

NoPower

May 14, 2010
Hey I'm not trying to hijack your thread just had a few questions for you if you don't mind? How do you like the hyper? Good in the corners? I was just wondering because I'm thinking about selling my RC51 street bike for a hyper. I was going to track the RC but it's just way to nice so I bought a gsxr 600 track bike. I'm looking for a more comfortable street bike and the hyper seems like it would be fun. Anyways thanks:)

Hyper

Apr 12, 2010
NoPower;129086 wrote: Hey I'm not trying to hijack your thread just had a few questions for you if you don't mind? How do you like the hyper? Good in the corners? I was just wondering because I'm thinking about selling my RC51 street bike for a hyper. I was going to track the RC but it's just way to nice so I bought a gsxr 600 track bike. I'm looking for a more comfortable street bike and the hyper seems like it would be fun. Anyways thanks:)
No problem, I appreciate the bump. First of all I love the Hyper. It's my first Ducati and I couldn't be happier. Maintenance is not an issue as everyone thinks as long as you don't mind taking 50% of the bike apart to clean/change the air filter. :rolleyes: I just took it out for about 4 hours today and rolled over 10,000 miles and (knock on wood) I haven't had any maintenance issues at all. I checked the valves and belts at 7500 and all was good. Its an aircooled, 90hp 2V engine...about as straightforward as it gets. The dry clutch is ... well... different. Took me a little while to get used to it but now I kind of like it. Adds to different nature of the bike...

Good in the corners? In the right hands, it's about as good in the corners as you can get. period.

What the Hyper is:

Perfect for wheelies, stoppies, burn outs, commuting, goofing off, weekend day rides, canyon carving, etc.
Not bad two up.
I love the riding position but I came from dual sports and off road bikes.
It's different. (its not a plain run-of-the-mill sportbike or harley or sport tourer)
About as much pure fun as you can get on 2 wheels

What it is not:

Its not a sport tourer and the wind blast gets down right uncomfortable for long stretches on the highway
Its not a 180mph (or even 150mph) ballistic missile. (but it'll get you to triple digits in a hurry)
I don't have a lot track experience, but it doesn't appear to be the best track day tool. (but you have that)

I am still not sure about selling it. It does everything I want in a bike and if I hadn't gotten bit by the track day bug, I wouldn't even consider selling it. There are a lot of good ones on the market. If you look used, get one with the full Termi exhaust. It does add a significant hp boost and it sounds fantastic. With the baffle in it's quiet enough and with it out, it sounds mean. It's also stupid expensive to buy after the fact and I have noticed that it doesn't seem to add anything to the used value. Ducatis also have the 2 year unlimited mileage waranty, just be sure the previous owner documented all the maintenance or had it done at the dealer. If you find a late 2008 or 09, you will have time for any warranty issues.

This sums it up pretty good. http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/289/1139/Motorcycle-Article/Memorable-Motorcycles-Hypermotard.aspx

Hope that helps...it looks like I am keeping it anyway since I haven't had a lot interest and I will find me a SV650 or maybe another track oriented Ducati (748 or 749) this winter.