2009 R6 Bogs under heavy throttle

Jwlman

My brother's R6 is bogging under heavy throttle when in lower rpms and he says it surges under steady throttle. It is a 2009 with 25k miles. I have tried swapping the tank/pump from my R6 onto his and replaced the throttle body assembly including the injectors and tps with no change in the issue. Does anyone know what might be causing the problem?

Here is a video of the bogging. Happens with the bike fully warmed up too.

Jwlman

I also changed the map on the power commander to the same one as my bike with no change in the issue

andykurz

My GSXR has done this a few times under WOT, would be curious to hear what your issue is. I have tried a few similar things myself.

Pretty annoying when it opens up a pass, but less annoying than being passed under normal circumstances!

Jwlman

I tried removing the power commander, no change. I shot the headers with an infrared thermometer and found the left cylinder header is about 100 degrees cooler than the other 3 at idle.

I am going to check the spark plug, coil and compression on that cylinder tonight

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
If you find that the coil, spark, and compression are good, check the ecu. I have had ECUs that caused the same thing

Jwlman

Remove it and measure the resistance. The specs are in the factory service manual.

You can also swap the one from the misfiring cylinder to a different cylinder to double check