2014 where has summit main gone?

MaveR1ck

The schedule is out but where have all of the Summit Main dates gone?!? 1 of the dates is Easter Sunday...really?!? I got the elite membership at the end of last season hoping that there would be a similar amount of Main dates as years past. Disappointing if you ask me guys.

Nesba

MaveR1ck;299050 wrote: The schedule is out but where have all of the Summit Main dates gone?!? 1 of the dates is Easter Sunday...really?!? I got the elite membership at the end of last season hoping that there would be a similar amount of Main dates as years past. Disappointing if you ask me guys.
Summit is not finished yet. They as a track are in somewhat of a state of flux because of a contract they are working on. They expect it to be finalized within a few weeks.

Ill be very clear...ANY dates you see on other track day providers as it pertains to Summit main or shenny they are not confirmed because of this issue.

So be as positive as you can and we will add more if possible based on the status of the track.

Nesba

PATBAROK;299053 wrote: same as NJMP-not as much as last year, disappointed to say the least...
We had limited participation at NJMP so we need to reduce the amount of events. Good for you guys to have a lot to choose from, but bad for the track day providers to have a surplus of events that are not filled to the point where they cant make any money or even pay for the events.

MaveR1ck

Cool, thanks for the quick response. Not looking at other track day websites, just trying to get some main days in before my first race with CCS at Main.

Nesba

MaveR1ck;299057 wrote: Cool, thanks for the quick response. Not looking at other track day websites, just trying to get some main days in before my first race with CCS at Main.
No problem...just wanted to explain all the variables so everyone understands

Pseudolus

Nesba;299056 wrote: We had limited participation at NJMP so we need to reduce the amount of events.
Thanks for the info Bob. I swore this year's schedule for NJMP had to be a mistake. I thought that location would always be a powerhouse and would have many dates including week days. I guess me living in paradise last year with 15 rider groups on a Monday or Wednesday was unrealistic but maaaaaaaan was it AWESOME.

MaveR1ck

I was hoping for some mid week specials as well, another reason I signed up for ELITE this year because of the super cheap week day rates.

MaveR1ck;299080 wrote: I was hoping for some mid week specials as well, another reason I signed up for ELITE this year because of the super cheap week day rates.

Mav, usually CCS has a practice day before the race weekend..especially the 1st race weekend there. There is another org that operates out of SUmmit as their own track.

As far as weekly specials going, that started dying last year, not only here but with other orgs, too.

Quickone4u

MaveR1ck;299080 wrote: I was hoping for some mid week specials as well, another reason I signed up for ELITE this year because of the super cheap week day rates.
As things appear like they're headed now, good luck with that! I was going to sign up for elite for that very reason this year but those deals appear to be a thing of the past. With only being able to run a handful of events elite membership no longer makes sense for the deals. Basic here I come. Just hoping I can run as many as originally planned. Want to support Nesba as much as I can as they are the only org. I run with but the combination of the days so far presented and the pricing along with those days is making it much harder. Know most if not all of it isn't really Nesbas fault but its still the way it is.

Nesba

Quickone4u;299153 wrote: As things appear like they're headed now, good luck with that! I was going to sign up for elite for that very reason this year but those deals appear to be a thing of the past. With only being able to run a handful of events elite membership no longer makes sense for the deals. Basic here I come. Just hoping I can run as many as originally planned. Want to support Nesba as much as I can as they are the only org. I run with but the combination of the days so far presented and the pricing along with those days is making it much harder. Know most if not all of it isn't really Nesbas fault but its still the way it is.

Dont dismiss that option just yet!

We are working with tracks to fill in the "void" of midweek days with a revenue share model which helps promote lower cost events and decreases our liability. Please stay tuned for more mid week stuff as the month passes.

Quickone4u

Nesba;299156 wrote: Dont dismiss that option just yet!

We are working with tracks to fill in the "void" of midweek days with a revenue share model which helps promote lower cost events and decreases our liability. Please stay tuned for more mid week stuff as the month passes.
Will do. I'm holding out hope for you guys. I love Nesba and want to give you as much business as I can for sure to do whatever I can to help. I'll hold out on my membership choice for now and see what works out.

GriffinD

Fingers crossed for some back to back weekday NJMP / NYST days. Good luck! :popcorn:

Spork

I hope you do work something out , I'm a bit dissatisfied that I upgraded to elite this year and my favorite track Summit Main is barely on the schedule . I'm not sure what deal your working out , but I know Roger Has summit Main Booked all summer with out issue .

Unbroken13

I hate to say it... But the schedule definitely doesn't fit my track time plan.. Barely any vir dates on the weekend and ncbike is slim... Weekday events are hard for me with my work schedule... Summit is a option of course... I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.. I've only ridden with nesba and riding with another org almost makes me feel like a traitor.. Lol... Vir is my favorite track... South course is awesome... What happened???? Vir was like every month last year.... Uuuggggghhh

Nesba

Guys it is simple economics. If we do not get the fill rates needed to be profitable we cannot do the events. If we have 150 events with 50% capacity we will be out of business.

Yes Roger has dates, but im telling you 100% they are not confirmed, he may tell you they are but they aren't.

Unbroken13

I understand that... I do... That's why I made my post... So you the power that is know how I feel. Last year was me and my dads first year track riding... We chose nesba because of Matt Paulson,, Jeff Dunham.. Matt spinak and of course the siscillian guys... They were welcoming and super helpful... We loved our first year.. All the crs and other riders were awesome... !!!!!! We definitely aren't bailing ship... But with the schedule that's out at the moment there is really only 5 dates that we could make it to... I was looking forward to around 15 days... We are shoe string budget guys in a expensive sport... 1 day at vir on a Monday just isn't cost effective for us.. I guess for the most part we are weekend warriors.. All though both of us have track only bikes.. We are in richmond va... Ncbike .. Vir... And summit are the tracks that Are closest to us and are the tracks we want to ride the most... I do not expect you to cater to 2 people.. I was just posting so that you knew our thoughts on it..

03bueller

Control Rider
I think that's the idea behind the packages, the more people who buy them, the more dates bob can book and be reasonably sure that enough more will sign on to cover the expense. There is no perfect solution short of everyone saying "I will do x weekends at x track, here's the money" back in December and bob going out and booking accordingly. I live in Newport News, so I'm in the same boat you are Unbroken, just means you may need to stretch it a bit and make a run to NJMP, that's not that bad from where you are, I know I will be for how awesome the track is :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Unbroken13;299236 wrote: I understand that... I do... That's why I made my post... So you the power that is know how I feel. Last year was me and my dads first year track riding... We chose nesba because of Matt Paulson,, Jeff Dunham.. Matt spinak and of course the siscillian guys... They were welcoming and super helpful... We loved our first year.. All the crs and other riders were awesome... !!!!!! We definitely aren't bailing ship... But with the schedule that's out at the moment there is really only 5 dates that we could make it to... I was looking forward to around 15 days... We are shoe string budget guys in a expensive sport... 1 day at vir on a Monday just isn't cost effective for us.. I guess for the most part we are weekend warriors.. All though both of us have track only bikes.. We are in richmond va... Ncbike .. Vir... And summit are the tracks that Are closest to us and are the tracks we want to ride the most... I do not expect you to cater to 2 people.. I was just posting so that you knew our thoughts on it..
I should have a decent set up for this year, so if you and your Dad want to ride share, you're more than welcome to. Splitting the cost of gas will make it easier to make more events!