6/17 Summit main - got the bump to I :)

bboynicku

Yesterday at Summit Main without asking for it i got the bump to I group! :D
The 4th session in B i worked my way to the front group where CR Peanut(Ned) was working with a couple other riders. Slotted in behind Peanut and the fun began, followed for a while, led for a while, crazy amount of traffic but fun none the less. After the session got the bump! Thanks CR peanut!! :)

Got to ride with the I group for the last session of the day and that was the most fun on two wheels!!:D
Being passed on the outside (T6-7) for the first time was :wow::adore: hahaha and then on the inside in T5 by two more lol:doh:...it was very clean tho so no complaints here

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's helped me improve my skills to the point where i'm a little more smooth and consistent on the bike. Wanted to thank CRs Peanut, Dion, Kris, Chris, Borislav, John, Big Jim, Brian. I know i'm missing some names cause i can't remember(#21 ducati 1098 i think, and the only CR with rain tires in the crazy rain at thunderbolt when we had only 9 riders on track all day). Without all of your help i would not be a better rider.

Looking forward to learning and growing as a rider and just improving all aspects of my riding! So looking forward to my next full trackday in :i: group!

Thanks again!!!
-Nick Augustus

some pics...
photo2_zps16d65ed1.jpg

1008282_345337182260907_284718848_o_zpsda570ab6.jpg

1013940_10101853154385608_2019815216_n_zps883c07a2.jpg

bboynicku

devildogae;277505 wrote: Congrats! How long did it take you?
Thanks!
looks like 5 days in 2012
and 5 days so far in 2013
i never lined up on the left side in the front to be evaluated though. I'd always go out at 3rd call and line up on left all the way in the back most times. Just wanted to work on my riding. I think what helped the most is doing a lot of trackdays close together so as to learn and implement what i needed to work on and not be rusty between trackdays because of the length of time between them. That being said, the first couple sessions for me are always a little slow haha. Oh and also having a notebook and writing things down and knowing what i want to work on the next session.

RADAR Magnet

Congrats man. I was pitted two down from you. Seat time and a notebook is a great combo. See you at a future track day.

bboynicku

RADAR Magnet;277528 wrote: Congrats man. I was pitted two down from you. Seat time and a notebook is a great combo. See you at a future track day.
Oh! you were right next to AJ with the Ducati 749?
thanks!! and yes see you

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Congratulations! I'm glad I was listed in there with a great bunch of talented CR's. Mike Daigle is the CR your were referring to at NJMP.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Congrats...getting a bump's a GREAT feeling...and it only happens twice. Enjoy the moment.

We'll see you in A group soon enough.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Hey Nick, congrats again! It was great meeting you. I noticed your pics on picsofyou and your body position looks great. Keep up the good work! Hope to see you on the track!

Peanut

Control Rider
bboynicku;277498 said:
Yesterday at Summit Main without asking for it i got the bump to I group! :D
The 4th session in B i worked my way to the front group where CR Peanut(Ned) was working with a couple other riders. Slotted in behind Peanut and the fun began, followed for a while, led for a while, crazy amount of traffic but fun none the less. After the session got the bump! Thanks CR peanut!! :)

Got to ride with the I group for the last session of the day and that was the most fun on two wheels!!:D
Being passed on the outside (T6-7) for the first time was :wow::adore: hahaha and then on the inside in T5 by two more lol:doh:...it was very clean tho so no complaints here

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's helped me improve my skills to the point where i'm a little more smooth and consistent on the bike. Wanted to thank CRs Peanut, Dion, Kris, Chris, Borislav, John, Big Jim, Brian. I know i'm missing some names cause i can't remember(#21 ducati 1098 i think, and the only CR with rain tires in the crazy rain at thunderbolt when we had only 9 riders on track all day). Without all of your help i would not be a better rider.

Looking forward to learning and growing as a rider and just improving all aspects of my riding!

You put the time in & from riding w/you @ vir until now a huge difference.

Easy choice. :p Congrads.

bboynicku

Thunderace;277549 wrote: Congratulations! I'm glad I was listed in there with a great bunch of talented CR's. Mike Daigle is the CR your were referring to at NJMP.
Thanks! I remember either my 1st or 2nd trackday at summit main in T1 you helping me taking it with more speed me thinking oh s%*# ...getting target fixation to the outside of the track and running off into the gravel lol:doh:

bboynicku

D-Zum;277560 wrote: Congrats...getting a bump's a GREAT feeling...and it only happens twice. Enjoy the moment.

We'll see you in A group soon enough.
...i seem to think there is a 3rd ULTIMATE bump where you get to give back to the new riders what you have learned ;):D

bboynicku

adotjdot;277562 wrote: Hey Nick, congrats again! It was great meeting you. I noticed your pics on picsofyou and your body position looks great. Keep up the good work! Hope to see you on the track!
Thanks AJ, great meeting you as well. Yea the last few trackdays i've been working on body position. Good to know i'm going in the right direction!

bboynicku

Peanut;277565 wrote: You put the time in & from riding w/you @ vir until now a huge difference.

Easy choice. :p Congrads.
Lol yea that was my first time at VIR and it was definitely infomation overload the first session..2nd session was a lot better, 3rd was flowing well till i turned in too early after the roller coaster and ended up on the inside of T17 ran off track on the grass, track, grass again and laid it down before the tire wall.:doh:
but fixed it back up in couple sessions, re-tech'd with CR Chris and went out for session 6 and 7...amazing track!:)

Thanks again!

bboynicku

vinny337;277603 wrote: Congrats on your bump!thanks! congrats on yours as well to :cr::adore:

borislav;277612 wrote:
Congrats,job well done!
thanks for the 'using your lower body/legs' talk at summit and the tips at VIR!

Kruizen

Control Rider
Congrats nick-glad to see it coming together. I Liked summit so much I'm headed back up July 15th(for race school)another org.

bboynicku

Kruizen;277647 wrote: Congrats nick-glad to see it coming together. I Liked summit so much I'm headed back up July 15th(for race school)another org.
Thanks Eric! Glad you liked it and are doing the race school there. Love the track as well:)
How'd the bike hold up this time around? Did you resolve the issues from VIR?

Kruizen

Control Rider
Changed out the seat, so it felt great again. Took until after lunch to start to get to know the track. I really like the shorter tracks.