A Group Crash Turn 7 Barber

elephino

Continuing to do so as well. It's difficult to think that, while our lives go on in a somewhat mundane fashion, one of our own and his family are still going through it, fighting for his life. Turn the corner, buddy.

tharkun

Thanks for the updates Aman. Tell Stan & his family we are thinking about them as the holiday season starts. I am assuming he is still at UAB? I trained and worked in the ICUs there many years ago. If anyplace has the know-how to help Stan, its the medical teams there. Best wishes to him and his family!

noobinacan

#8 Update on Stan's condition- Since 12/1 until now:

As of 12/1 (I had type this up, but didn't hit reply)
Stan's blood platlet count that more than doubled overnight from 35,000 to 79,000. He's halfway to 150,000 which is normal. The tests they do to determine liver function show almost normal levels. They were able to do the "behind the heart" ultrasound that was unsuccessful before and it showed a normal functioning heart with no damage from the heart attack. He was opening his eyes, blinking, showing signs of emotion and he reacted when his wife spoke to him. They laid him flat and he tolerated it, so they were able to do the CAT Scan, which went well. The Scan showed No real significant brain damage, and his lungs are a little better.

As of earlier today 12/4:

His Brother, Rick and Curtis visited him, He's opening his eyes more often and reacting to people talking etc.
They're waiting for him to get a little bit stronger before doing tracheostomy. Since he needs to be on a respirator for an extended period of time, they don't want the tubes to damage the vocal cords. a Tracheostomy saves the vocal cords and is much easier on the patient. In addition he'll be able to talk and we can finally treat that busted lip.

tharkun;224762 wrote:
Thanks for the updates Aman. Tell Stan & his family we are thinking about them as the holiday season starts. I am assuming he is still at UAB? I trained and worked in the ICUs there many years ago. If anyplace has the know-how to help Stan, its the medical teams there. Best wishes to him and his family!
Yup, ya'll are welcome, least I can do his keep the NESBA family informed.
He's still at UAB(C-ICU). I will definitely communicate your message to Carmela (his wife).

upnadam

Woot! for the update and positive news. Thoughts and prayers still going out to ya big guy, keep doing it man!

Ruhe52

Thanks Noob needed some positive news.
Stan keep moving forward buddy and heal up and get the heck home.
It's the off season bro and checking in here to see how you are is making me wanna ride my bike ( with you)

Prayers sent.

Thanks again for the updates Aman.

dpullen

Thanks for the updates! I'm glad to hear that Stan is continuing to improve! We'll keep pulling for him!

alw319

I ride with another group and just started to look into Nesba. I have followed this situation from the beginning and I'd like to tell all of You that You all are first class guys and anyone would be doing great to have You all pulling for them . I am sure Stan hears Your prayers and wishes and like His whole Family is so thankful for them . Aman -You are top notch and a TRUE friend --Keep up the updates as everyone appreciates them --You are a good man -everyone feels the pain. Stan -keep kicking ass and win this fight . If any of Us could take some pain for You I kow the line from Your friends at NEsba is really long to sign up . Prayers will continue on my end .