Age Restriction?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by dragnframe, Feb 11, 2020.

1. dragnframe

dragnframe New Member

Hi Guys.

I have a 9yr old that has been mini racing for the past 2 yrs and wants to step up to bigger tracks. We raced with Wera last year in the mini class on his Ohvale 110 at Nelson. This year he will continue to race his Ohvale and he got an rs125 chassis with an 80cc motor to be better suited for the bigger tracks . Wera allows him to race on tracks that are 2 miles and under. I would like to find a track day org. so we can get as much track time on the rs as we can and slowly work him up to the speed difference. Does N2 allow kids at 9 to attend there track days at any tracks?

Thanks

2. TimTheAsian

TimTheAsian Fresh off the Boat Staff Member

The minimum age for a rider is 11. Any age can attend however a rider must be 11 y.o or older to ride due to insurance. Not sure about other orgs.

jcurtis likes this.
  3. Otto Man

Otto Man John Control Rider

TimTheAsian likes this.
  4. dragnframe

dragnframe New Member

Ok, thanks for the reply. Hoping to find an org that maybe has just a bike size limit. But its looking like all orgs, are going to min age 11.

Thanks.

5. tdelegram

tdelegram Control Rider

Wait for Wendy to reply before you throw in the towel, she’s in charge of our youth program and may have additional information.

6. Arioch

Arioch New Member

7. CBRtist

CBRtist La Loca Staff Member

Minimum age for minors to ride within our organization on a large track/displacement bike is 11 years of age. There is other information forthcoming as the season approaches.

Awesome on the mini racing and WERA. Hopefully we will connect!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  8. dragnframe

dragnframe New Member

Thanks. All those tracks are 10 plus hr one way except V.I.R which is 8. We are hoping to attend V.I.R. at some point this year.

9. dragnframe

dragnframe New Member

Perfect, Thank you. I will await your separate post.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

10. CBRtist

CBRtist La Loca Staff Member

Aplogies. I went back and edited my original post. This is a new animal and N2 is finessing the finer points. I suggest you direct any inquiries at this time to support@n2td.org