Another Newb, sorry! LOL

sable

I'm new here also, Rob said to introduce myself so here I am. I've been crusing a long, long time and only in the last couple of years have I really started riding. Picked up a beater 2002 Aprilia RSV about a year ago and got somewhat comfortable on it. Been observing friends who greatly enjoy track days and decided I needed to give it a try.

I hope to learn more about my bike's limits and gain a load of confidence in it. I have a lot to learn when it comes to sport riding. I aim to have fun and learn a great deal from all those around me. I have no intentions of being the fastest guy out there, just want to be fundamentally sound. (After all I got a 3 year old to keep alive so I can't get as stupid as I used to, LOL!)

Originally from Ohio, I now live down in SC, so I'm not sure how many track days I'll get to up north. But unlike you northerners, I get to commute daily on my bikes. ;)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! You'll learn a lot doing track days that will make you a safer rider. Lots of great folks to help you!!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Welcome. Doing track days will make you realize how unsafe it is to ride on the street. My first time on the track was the last time on the road. (But a Zuma doesn't count).

Welcome to N2 Jason! I'm a fellow Aprilia rider too, been on the Gen 1 Mille, Gen 2 RSVR, and now running the V4's too. You will have a blast at track and find out what that "02 can REALLY do without the distractions of the street. I'll be at the Road Atlanta, Roebling, Tally, Barber, and some of the VIR events so make sure to look me up!

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
Welcome. Living in SC, you have access to quite a few events and tracks. Asking questions at the track, seat time and with the right mindset you will will learn more than you could imagine!

sable

Slight change of plans....
I ended up trading in the Aprilia for a Street Triple R. Rushing to get the engine break in done before the track.
Doesn't have that torque of the Aprilia, but it is much more nimble. (I'll probably be faster on it as a noob. LOL!!)
Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning a lot. Thanks for all the kind welcomes.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Welcome. That "break-in" is a bunch of garbage. If anything, the recommended break in will sap the motor of power. I've never obeyed the break-in on any bike I've bought, and never had a problem. Ride it like it's supposed ti be ridden.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Slight change of plans....
I ended up trading in the Aprilia for a Street Triple R. Rushing to get the engine break in done before the track.
Doesn't have that torque of the Aprilia, but it is much more nimble. (I'll probably be faster on it as a noob. LOL!!)
Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning a lot. Thanks for all the kind welcomes.
You should be happy with the Street Triple. I have the Daytona and I LOVE it! Such a great bike. Nice balance of power output between a twin and a four.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Welcome. That "break-in" is a bunch of garbage. If anything, the recommended break in will sap the motor of power. I've never obeyed the break-in on any bike I've bought, and never had a problem. Ride it like it's supposed ti be ridden.

Welcome aboard Jason! Welcome to the addiction!
As long as you have a few miles on the bike, you can beat the snot out of it! LOL! Its all about the heat cycles, like Judy said! Every bike that I've had has been ridden like I stole it! LOL! And they get better with time!

sable

Had a blast this weekend. Everyone was super helpful and really nice. Thanks to the control riders that really took time to get me doing things the right way. Couldn't have had a better time! Look forward to doing more.